🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

End of Deal with Northern Rock

Options
Hi Our mortage deal with northern rock is up next year in June. I really want to move away from the company as part of our mortgage is made up of an unsecured loan. I was young when i took out the mortgage and didnt really know much about them.

When i contacted our financial advisor to ask him if he would find a new deal he said our property should be valued at 10% more than the origional cost Northern Rock lent us. Is this correct?

We bought our house for £159k, so that means it should be valued at £175,600. I need to arrange a valuation, but I very much doubt our house will be valued at this.

Does this then mean we cannot move from Northern Rock? When i spoke to them about moving from them a few months ago, they did not mention this.

Can anyone advise?

Thanks x

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business