Martin Lewes, Money Saving Expert Blog Discussion

Comments

• redux
    redux Posts: 22,976 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    MSE_Martin wrote:
    or - just the mere fact they are here in this forum ;)
    yep, well-done jpjp for expanding Martin's idea - soon they'll all come to this page

do you want all the moneysavigexpret ones as well?

mind you, there are actually a couple of sites like that
  • MSE_Martin
    MSE_Martin Posts: 8,272 Money Saving Expert
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    do you want all the moneysavigexpret ones as well?

mind you, there are actually a couple of sites like that

Yes why not - lets try and make this place a vestige for all the typos - it may mean a few more people don't get duped by the commerical copycats (not sure how google will pick it up but it may help). As you can see I've added a big note in the first thread for people who come here.
    Martin Lewis, Money Saving Expert.
    Please note, answers don't constitute financial advice, it is based on generalised journalistic research. Always ensure any decision is made with regards to your own individual circumstance.
    Don't miss out on urgent MoneySaving, get my weekly e-mail at www.moneysavingexpert.com/tips.
    Debt-Free Wannabee Official Nerd Club: (Honorary) Members number 000
  • Martin Louse? :rotfl: Martin Le Wis?:confused: :rotfl:

I think we might need to have an automatic spell checker also if we are helping those who find spelling and typing challenging, to prevent them being picked up on by those who do so on the forum. I know this may cost more, just a thought.

CG.:rolleyes:
    "You can if you think you can."
    George Reeves
  • phill79
    phill79 Posts: 494 Forumite
    TNG wrote:
    isn't there a Martyn Lewis that reads the news?

google that and the first two results are this site :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

According to Tonight with Trevor McDonald on the 23rd October, MSE Martin was spelt Martyn Lewis!!
  • pmd
    pmd Posts: 65 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Sticking all those as hidden text on the home page should cover most eventualities :shocked:

Or for people who search Google with quote marks to get a 2-word phrase, how about:
    "(nartin lewis,martim lewis,martib lewis,martin lewid,martin lewia,msrtin lewis,martin lewos,marton lewis,martin lewus,martun lewis,maryin lewis,marrin lewis,martin lrwis,martin lwwis,martin leeis,martin leqis,mirtin lewis,martin lewas,martan lewis,martin leuis,martin lewiz,martin lewii,martin lewws,martin leeis,martin llwis,martin ewis,martinnlewis,martii lewis,marttn lewis,marrin lewis,maatin lewis,mmrtin lewis,martin lewiss,martin lewiis,martin lewwis,martin leewis,martin llewis,martinn lewis,martiin lewis,marttin lewis,marrtin lewis,maartin lewis,mmartin lewis,martin lewsi,martin leiws,martin lweis,martin elwis,martinl ewis,marti nlewis,martni lewis,maritn lewis,matrin lewis,mratin lewis,amrtin lewis,martin lewi,martin lews,martin leis,martin lwis,martin ewis,martinlewis,marti lewis,martn lewis,marin lewis,matin lewis,mrtin lewis,artin lewis)"
    from the splendid http://www.fatfingers.co.uk/ !
  • A google search for Martin Lewis also throws up this page http://www.martinlewis.com/ but it was the only entry on the first page that didn't refer to MSE Martin ;)
  • What about people who use voice recognition programmes? That could throw up all kinds of connotations on 'Martin Lewis', depending on accents/dialects/voice impediments etc.
    Don't know if martin likes the idea of anything being thrown up on him though . . . lol.
    Charles J
  • Quick google shows this now. Job done.
  • cockroach
    cockroach Posts: 25 Forumite
    :mad: MORTGAGE HELP? AFTER AN ACCIDENT AT WORK I BEGAN TO STRUGGLE WITH MY MORTGAGE PAYMENTS I SORT HELP FROM MY MORTGAGE PROVIDER .
    THEY WHERE NOT HELPFUL AT ALL :mad:
    A GOT THEM TO CONVERT MY MONTHLY PAYMENT TO INTEREST ONLY ,ONLY AFTER THEY TRIED TO TAKE ME TO COURT.
    I MANAGED TO PAY MOST OF THE ARREARS OF BY LENDING FROM FAMILY MEMBERS. THIS WORKED :rotfl: .THE MORTGAGE PROVIDER THEN STARTED TO CHARGE ME INTEREST AND CHARGES ON TOP OF CHARGES OS I COMPLAINED TO THE FOS .:mad: THE FOS ARE ON MY SIDE AND SAID THAT THEY ARE WRONG IN WHAT THEY ARE DOING FOS WROTE LATTERS TO MY MORTGAGE PROVIDER .NO REPLY:confused: I HAVE NOW GONE TO THE CAB SERVICES THEY PHONE MY MORTGAGE PROVIDER TO ASK IF I COULD CHANGE MY MORTGAGE TERMS FROM 15 YEARS TO 25 YEARS THEY :mad: SAID NO I AM DUE TO TAKE LEGAL ACTION ON 22/3/2009 . WHERES THE HELP ?:confused: I HAVE EVEN SENT THEM A DOCUMENT FROM MY SOLICITOR REGARDS AN ACCIDENT CLAIM IHAVE GOING THROUGH :confused:
    :confused: DOES ANYBODY KNOW WHATS NEXT :confused: APART FROM LOOSING MY HOME :mad: ON TOP OF THIS I HAVE JUST BEEN DISMSSED FROM MY JOB ON CAPABILITY GROUNDS ILL-HEALTH :mad: NO REDUNDANCY:mad: i am paying what i can when i can and every body has said this YOU ARE DOING EVERY THING POSSIBLE TO TRY AND SORT THIS PROBLEM OUT
  • cockroach
    cockroach Posts: 25 Forumite
    Talk To Your Provider Has Not Worked I Think That I Will Have ?

Any Answers
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport