We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING
Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
urgent menu help ... for tonight!
kunekune
Posts: 1,909 Forumite
A much loved friend and her husband will be arriving at 6.30 ish. I want to feed them with a bit of style. I have enough time to pop down to Tesco to pick up a few bits. This is what I'm thinking of:
First course: breadsticks wrapped in prosciutto, garlic prawns, some antipasti bits [this will be the main course for the children, so it's bigger than it would normally be]
Main course: I have 8 lamb chops and I'm thinking of crumbing them in a mix of breadcrumbs, herbs & parmesan, serving them with some roast cherry tomatoes and .... dunno what else ... would a risotto of some kind work? I've also got the makings of some tapenade which might be nice with the chops.
Pudding: apple cake & ice cream
Any other ideas?
First course: breadsticks wrapped in prosciutto, garlic prawns, some antipasti bits [this will be the main course for the children, so it's bigger than it would normally be]
Main course: I have 8 lamb chops and I'm thinking of crumbing them in a mix of breadcrumbs, herbs & parmesan, serving them with some roast cherry tomatoes and .... dunno what else ... would a risotto of some kind work? I've also got the makings of some tapenade which might be nice with the chops.
Pudding: apple cake & ice cream
Any other ideas?
Mortgage started on 22.5.09 : £129,600
Overpayments to date: £3000
June grocery challenge: 400/600
0
Comments
-
Hiya,
Why wrap the breadsticks? I would slice melon to serve with the proscuitto.
I would roast some veggies to seve with the lamb.
aubergine, courgette, butternut squash, red onions, would be very nice with your lamb, sprinke with some breadcrumbs and parmesan to create a bit of crunch.
Enjoy your evening!Loving the sunny days!0 -
rissotto would be a bit difficult, roast veggies might be better, or improvised potato dauphinoise?
if you mix some new potatoes with rosemary, salt, pepper, oil and garlic then roast in the oven from raw they come out delicious after 45-50 minutes.Living cheap in central London :rotfl:0 -
Hi there, it went really well. I did wrap the breadsticks, cos the children love them like that. I had some pizza bread for the children, so they had their whole meal from the bits n pieces spread. I did do roasted veg, and I was going to have garlic bread but forgot, and we didn't really need it after having a first course. Pudding was a bread and butter pudding using some fruit loaf I found at Tesco! It all went really well, except that I forgot to cook the prawns that I'd defrosted for us, and they had to go into the bin this morning having been out all night!Mortgage started on 22.5.09 : £129,600Overpayments to date: £3000June grocery challenge: 400/6000
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards