Amazon

Options
Just about to post my first sold books! Just wondered if I could send them second class rather than first?

Also, one of them is really close to where I work. If I just post it through the door of the person, will there be any comeback about them paying for postage?
Pink Sproglettes born 2008 and 2010
Mortgages (End 2017) - £180,235.03
(End 2021) - £131,215.25 DID IT!!!
(End 2022) - Target £116,213.81

Comments

• crawley_girl
    Options
    I bought something from ebay a while back and the seller lives in the same town as me.

They popped in through my letter box and enclosed the postage costs I had paid out. I thought that was quite sweet of them.

I have to admit that I would be a bit annoyed if a book I had paid postage for was hand delivered. Maybe the cost of petrol would outway the cost of postage... but that is just my 2 penneth's worth!

:heartpuls CG :heartpuls
    Ever wonder about those people who spend £2 apiece on those little bottles of Evian water? Try spelling Evian backward.
  • Batgirl
    Batgirl Posts: 2,035 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    I always send 2nd class, and it wouldn't bother me at all if something was hand delivered because its amazon who charge them postage not you no matter how it is sent. Also I have sent some items that have cost me in the end making a loss rather than a profit and no-one will reimburse me, so if you can make a good profit go for it.
    May 2015 £10 a day currently £208
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,310 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    There is a whole thread about Amazon over on the Ebay and other auctions forum (see my sig). Apparently Amazon actually say in their t and cs that items must go 1st class, but many people use second class without incident.

Soo
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • pollyanna24
    pollyanna24 Posts: 4,370 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Okey dokes. Thanks guys. Well, I am using my legs to get to the place where they are, so I'm using my time and effort when I could just stick in the post office.
    Pink Sproglettes born 2008 and 2010
    Mortgages (End 2017) - £180,235.03
    (End 2021) - £131,215.25 DID IT!!!
    (End 2022) - Target £116,213.81
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business