We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Oh **** It's all gone pear shaped!

2»

Comments

  • hot.chick
    hot.chick Posts: 1,070 Forumite
    what do you have in the cupboards???

    Maybe we can help you make it last longer than expected - to help save money on food shopping???
  • randomer
    randomer Posts: 275 Forumite
    Thank you so much for your supportive and useful replies.:D

    I think there's a naughty fairy in my head and it's saying something like "you can't have holidays you can't afford to update your clothes but it's winter the teens and partner and self deserve proper food and I'm not going to Aldi!" I like decent fruit and treats and hate the weekly shop so I've just been going a bit mad.

    Regarding Christmas I bought 2 £50 vouchers for teens yesterday so that's kind of in the present bank and sorted. I refuse to get caught up in a mad spend/debt thing over Christmas.
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.