Sale in BUDGET(Closing down bargains)(MERGED)

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in N. Ireland
15 replies 1.3K views
ollywood68ollywood68 Forumite
220 Posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in N. Ireland
Got a £180 barbeque for £44
Got a 3ft by 3ft gasebo for £8.55

BARGAINS :)
happiness is being able to have one more drink
«1

Replies

  • declanhdeclanh Forumite
    133 Posts
    ollywood68 wrote:
    Got a £180 barbeque for £44
    Got a 3ft by 3ft gasebo for £8.55

    BARGAINS :)
    which branch ?
    I used to have a signature with links to the League Tables for good/bad shipping charges for Northern Ireland. But I have since learnt that this is against site rules - so they are no longer here! PM me if you need them
  • declanh wrote:
    which branch ?

    Bangor one but I thought they r all closing. The place is very busy
    happiness is being able to have one more drink
  • declanhdeclanh Forumite
    133 Posts
    ollywood68 wrote:
    Bangor one but I thought they r all closing. The place is very busy

    oh - did not know that, im not that surprised really, they are a pretty badly run outfit in my opinion, they are disorganised like a corner shop hardware store on a grander scale. Most of the shops are dusty and full of old stock too

    Id rather they stayed open mind you as all competition has to be good for the customer
    I used to have a signature with links to the League Tables for good/bad shipping charges for Northern Ireland. But I have since learnt that this is against site rules - so they are no longer here! PM me if you need them
  • Yeah connswater branch closing as well got an £100 BBQ for £19 on Saturday :j
  • jndjnd Forumite
    453 Posts
    declanh wrote:
    Id rather they stayed open mind you as all competition has to be good for the customer

    Not sure if they are competition at all. I went in looking for replacement bolts a few months ago. Bolts? Sorry, we don't stock things like that. That was the 1st time I'd been in a Budget for over a year. It looks like a bigger £stretcher. Before that I thought it was a DIY store in competition with Homebase and B+Q.
  • jnd wrote:
    Not sure if they are competition at all. I went in looking for replacement bolts a few months ago. Bolts? Sorry, we don't stock things like that. That was the 1st time I'd been in a Budget for over a year. It looks like a bigger £stretcher. Before that I thought it was a DIY store in competition with Homebase and B+Q.
    Have to agree their stock had become very limited over the last few years, I rarely used them unless it was paint or something i knew they would have .
  • bingo_bangobingo_bango Forumite
    2.6K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    ollywood68 wrote:
    Got a £180 barbeque for £44
    Got a 3ft by 3ft gasebo for £8.55

    BARGAINS :)

    Is that 3ftx3ft, or 3mx3m? If it's the latter, I'd be interested enough to drive to one.
  • miraklmirakl Forumite
    484 Posts
    ✭✭
    I was in on Saturday and their paint was on 10% off which was a bit disappointing.
    My Doctor told me that "1 out of 3 people who start smoking will eventually die." The other two apparently became immortal.

    __________________________________________
    2007 internet "earnings"
    Pigsback £6-95
    Quidco £92-46
    eBay £00-00
    Amazon £00-00

    Grand Total £99-41
  • GreenteaGreentea Forumite
    495 Posts
    CLOSING DOWN SALE - personally I think its just a marketing scam to get people in the doors. Last month it was UNDER NEW MANAGEMENT. The shop is full of the biggest load of c**p and watch out you might think your getting a bargain, but its probably for sale cheaper elsewhere.
  • Greentea wrote:
    CLOSING DOWN SALE - personally I think its just a marketing scam to get people in the doors. Last month it was UNDER NEW MANAGEMENT. The shop is full of the biggest load of c**p and watch out you might think your getting a bargain, but its probably for sale cheaper elsewhere.
    is there a hint of cynisim in your post :)
    happiness is being able to have one more drink
This discussion has been closed.
Latest News and Guides

Cuts announced to alcohol and air passenger duties

And the levy on fuel frozen for 12th year in a row

MSE News

Autumn Budget 2021: full round-up

From minimum wage increases to fuel duty freezes

MSE News