We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Need a dinner/plate set

I am gathering a few ideas for presents for parents but I only have a few days left until I have to wrap it up with everything else.

I guess normally people wouldn't want a dinner plate set but I don't remember the last time my parents bought one or received it as a present, so a nice set would do good.

I don't mind plain, simple ones, but I can't spend too much on it either so I am looking for under £40. Any bargains out there?
Debt free
2010 £11000/£9000
2011 £509 so far

Comments

  • MrsE_2
    MrsE_2 Posts: 24,161 Forumite
    10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    anhf wrote: »
    I am gathering a few ideas for presents for parents but I only have a few days left until I have to wrap it up with everything else.

    I guess normally people wouldn't want a dinner plate set but I don't remember the last time my parents bought one or received it as a present, so a nice set would do good.

    I don't mind plain, simple ones, but I can't spend too much on it either so I am looking for under £40. Any bargains out there?

    I saw the Denby everyday sets half price in Tesco recently, they had a creamy colour but not white.

    They were about £35.00
  • I don't really mind the colour, so I will take a look.
    Debt free
    2010 £11000/£9000
    2011 £509 so far
  • greenval
    greenval Posts: 596 Forumite
    I bought a 16 piece one with Poppies on in TJ Hughes for 14.99. They also had plain ones. I think they also have an online store
  • I have just bought 2 sets from Wilkinsons online for £10.00 each so have 8 settings with no mugs which was what I wanted. Went through topcashback.
    They have some nice poppy sets black white and red but I got purple/black/white.
  • purply
    purply Posts: 391 Forumite
    Second TJ Hughes, they always have nice stuff. Also check out TK Maxx.
    Respond to every call that excites your spirit.
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.