We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

help- need toffee recipe

i have just made my second attempt at chewy caramal toffee,followed recipe, have thermometer etc .i cant get it hot enough without it burning on the bottom of the pan (le creuset) .

so does any one have another recipe to try, the one i used is from hope and greenwood book "life is sweet"

tastes fab just wont set!

have made loads of toffee before without a problem its just this one.

thanks for any help.
:hello: :j

Comments

  • babyshoes
    babyshoes Posts: 1,771 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    I am guessing that it is your pan, if you can't get it hot enough all the way through. Ironically, a cheaper big pot would probably work better, if you are cooking on gas...
    Trust me - I'm NOT a doctor!
  • I need help on toffee... my recipe calls for white vinegar.... I can find malt vinegar which is white... or white wine vinegar!!!

    What do I use to make toffee???

    Is normal vinegar something I could use???
    We spend money we don't have, on things that we don't need, to impress people we don't like. I don't and I'm happy!
    :dance: Mortgage Free Wannabe :dance:
    Overpayments Made: £5400 - Interest Saved: £11,550 - Months Saved: 24
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.