We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Amuse Bouche recipe ideas anyone?

I know it is sooo very pretentious but I want to do some amuse bouche for Christmas day.

I really like those porcelain spoons they often servce amuse bouche on at posh restaurants so think I might get some as a little chrissie pressie to myself - all I need now are some recipes.

Has anyone got any good recipes they would be willing to share as I have searched online and haven't found anything suitable.

x
Irony.

The opposite of wrinkly.

Comments

  • rachbc
    rachbc Posts: 4,461 Forumite
    In the very fancy restuarant hubby and I went to the day we got wed we have 'duck straching' with our pre dinner drinks - like a posh version of pork strachings made with duck skin. We then had cod cheeks s as the amuse bouche before our starter proper...we also got bread with 3 different butters inc toast flavour!

    Being a bit of a pleb I've never been entirely sure of the difference between a canape and an amuse bouch so maybe search for canape recipes?

    Or how about one fo these ideas

    http://www.finedinings.com/amuse-bouche.htm
    People seem not to see that their opinion of the world is also a confession of character.
    Ralph Waldo Emerson
  • Ladyhawk
    Ladyhawk Posts: 2,064 Forumite
    what about little cups of soup? something like pumpkin and orange? or beetroot with vodka?

    Or a grapefruit sorbet?
    Man plans and God laughs...
    Perhaps travel cannot prevent bigotry. But by demonstrating that all people cry, laugh, eat, worry and die, it introduces the idea that if we try to understand each other, we may even become friends.
  • Sainsburies mag and December Woman & Home both have recipes for pastry spoons with fillings - it seems to be the thing to do this Christmas.
  • Bronnie
    Bronnie Posts: 4,173 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    I don't think it's pretentious at all! good fun and very MS, because the portion is so miniscule!

    Some ideas here, I like post 25 especially!

    http://www.jamieoliver.com:81/forum/viewtopic.php?id=34651&p=1
  • ChocClare
    ChocClare Posts: 1,475 Forumite
    Have a look at these pretty pictures here.

    The problem with googling is that amuse bouche is a term primarily used in England and the US - the more usual phrase is amuse-gueule, but because gueule is the word for an animal's mouth (in other words, the phrase means amuse your gob) it seems to have been considered a bit too unrefined for us posh Brits :D

    Any you fancy the look of I'll happily translate the recipe for you...
  • Have a look at these in Lakeland too

    I saw them and loved them - but couldn't justify them at the time.....

    http://www.lakeland.co.uk/amuse-bouche-serving-set/F/keyword/amuse/product/14040
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.