First direct fixed rate.Too good to be true??

Options
Purchasing house £249,950. Have £100,000 deposit and i am looking at a fixed rate mortgage. Think have found a good deal with FD with rate of 3.89 and with no arrangement fee and minimal booking fee. Is this too good to be true and do you think i have missed some hidden charge. Seems extremely competative even compared to lower term fixed rate deals. This is a five year deal

Comments

• opinions4u
    opinions4u Posts: 19,411 Forumite
    Options
    Co-op and FD / HSBC have been there or thereabouts in the 5 year fixed market recently.

I'm not aware of any catch (although beware valuation coming in low and any impact that could have on your deal).

Good luck :) .
  • Thrugelmir
    Thrugelmir Posts: 89,546 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Providing you meet the lending criteria then rate is as good as you'll likely to get for a 5 year fix.
  • newyummymummy
    Options
    thanks for the tips. as for valuation the house is a new build so should that make things less complicated?
  • GMS
    GMS Posts: 5,388 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    New build is likely to be valued at less than the purchase price as it will be valued as 'second hand'
    I am a Mortgage Adviser
    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a mortgage adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
  • opinions4u
    opinions4u Posts: 19,411 Forumite
    Options
    thanks for the tips. as for valuation the house is a new build so should that make things less complicated?
    Builders have been known to overvalue their property.

So assume nothing!
  • newyummymummy
    Options
    They have reduced price from 269 to 249 so hopefully will be more realistically priced
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure