first time buyer query

Options
me and my partner will be looking to get a mortgage in about april next year

for the last year i have been plowing through debts at the tune of £1000 a month and by then i will be left with about 8k left on a loan with £170 payment a month.

we should have about 20k deposit for a 160k - 170k house

i earn 26k should be about 27k in jan
shes earns 23k and owes nothing

the banks websites say i should be able to borrow between 150k and 168k how accurate are these figures if they are fairly true im guessing that i should be alright

any ideas or thoughts - i thought i was in a bad SOA but its looking a lot brighter since 12 months ago. - it definatley pays to pay the debts off -

for the record i have never had any defaults on anything and the creditexpert thing says "999" but i dont think much can be read into that

Comments

• herbiesjp
    herbiesjp Posts: 8,499 Forumite
    Options
    You will be fine as long as nothing happens between now and then. :)
    I am a Mortgage Adviser
    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
  • hubert_cumberdale
    Options
    cheers for the fast answer thats great news and great relief

might try and get some more taken of that loan then as i want to get the most expensive house i can.

I would prefer to stretch my self to the limits for ten years or so knowing that i have a house that i can live in for a while and space for any kids that may arrive
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure