We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Has any one started using their electric blanket yet this year

Hi all

I have changed the bed today and am in a dilema if to put the electric underblanket on? we got it last year (april) and used it for a few weeks and never had one before. i just wondered before i put it on if its cold enough? Its fleece type material that "hugs" the mattress and was very warm even without the heat on.

Any thought from you great people? :j

Comments

  • ska_lover
    ska_lover Posts: 3,773 Forumite
    1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    I popped mine back on about six weeks ago, but according to hubbie, i am a cold whinger!lol
    The opposite of what you know...is also true
  • Blimey yes - though I don't think mine's particularly warm when not switched on!

    But it has been on a few times, just sometimes to warm up before getting in to bed then switching off!!
  • devon27_2
    devon27_2 Posts: 104 Forumite
    Thanks for your quick replies, that settles it then when the OH get in he can help me put it on as he moans its too hot when I put it on even though it has dual controls, be nice and warm tonight then as its really cold, wet and wintery here at the moment!

    I turn it off when I go to sleep but do any of you guys leave it on low? i was worried about how much it would cost to have it "ticking over"

    Once again thanks for you replies guys on this brill site:j
  • tanith
    tanith Posts: 8,091 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    I put mine back on the bed a month ago but have only needed to use it a couple of times.... ours has dual controls and hubby had his on much more than mine... I switch it off as soon as I get into bed once its warmed up it stays that way all night I could never see the need to leave it on all night to be honest.
    #6 of the SKI-ers Club :j

    "All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing" Edmund Burke
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.