We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING
Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
what is a slow oven?
Ladyhawk
Posts: 2,064 Forumite
I am making my great grandmother (who died about 30 years before I was born) ginger bread recipe for the first time and it says to put it in a slow oven until it's cooked (really helpful!).
What is a slow oven? I have put it in at about 130C - does that sound about right?
What is a slow oven? I have put it in at about 130C - does that sound about right?
Man plans and God laughs...
Perhaps travel cannot prevent bigotry. But by demonstrating that all people cry, laugh, eat, worry and die, it introduces the idea that if we try to understand each other, we may even become friends.
0
Comments
-
I am making my great grandmother (who died about 30 years before I was born) ginger bread recipe for the first time and it says to put it in a slow oven until it's cooked (really helpful!).
Sounds like the lower oven in a range (I have 2 ovens in my Rayburn - top hot one and lower cooler one
). :rudolf: Sheep, pigs, hens and bees on our Teesdale smallholding :rudolf:0 -
I am making my great grandmother (who died about 30 years before I was born) ginger bread recipe for the first time and it says to put it in a slow oven until it's cooked (really helpful!).
What is a slow oven? I have put it in at about 130C - does that sound about right?
Hi A slow oven is about 140-150C. 130c is classed as a very slow oven. Hope this helps.20p savers club
before joining had nothing
joined on 19/03
now have £40.00 saved :j :j :j
saving to pay off debts Debts now paid off. Yeah.
Amazon sellers club member 310 -
I have lots of old fashioned recipe books. Yes slow oven is 140c to 150c or gas mark 1 to 2.0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards