🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Spending Diary -first results..GASP!!!

Options
folks

ive kept a spending diary since the 28th sep, started this just before having my lightbulb moment last week. I have spent a MASSIVE £714.47 .

I wont even begin to list what on but lets just say i should have spent a third of that (admittedly some of it was on birthdays and a leaving do but i could have spent less)

This has given me a major shock as to what i waste my money on. and thats only 18 days of spending. I dont have £714 (this was overdraft)

so for all DFW who havent please start that spending diary its scary but well worth a short sharp shock to sorting out your finances.

JB

Comments

• Headintheclouds_3
    Options
    It really adds up doesn't it? Congrats on your LBM and good luck!
  • crawley_girl
    crawley_girl Posts: 2,010 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    At least you haeve done it now and not 6 months down the line!

These spending diaries can be a real revelation and a userful tool in helping us to reduce spending

:heartpuls CG :heartpuls
    Ever wonder about those people who spend £2 apiece on those little bottles of Evian water? Try spelling Evian backward.
  • Smashing
    Smashing Posts: 1,799 Forumite
    Options
    It's definitely scary, but you need to know what you're dealing with to be able to put things right. Good for you for having to guts to face up to the reality.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport