We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

A really truly non stick Yorkshire tin??

Can any of you recommend one?

Also do you find they turn out well in a silicon bun tin?

Thanks. :)
Grocery Challenge £139/240 until 31/01
Taking part in Sealed Pot No.819/2011
Only essentials on Ebay/Amazon

Comments

  • Hi,

    I'd recommend Lakeland's My Kitchen range. I'm gradually replacing all my non-stick with this. Its brilliant.

    Just don't dishwash it. I find there's nothing left on the surface its that good, so give it a wipe over in hot soapy water to clean.

    PGxx
  • givememoney
    givememoney Posts: 1,240 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts I've been Money Tipped!
    Well I have tried all sorts but they all seem after a while to cause sticking.

    The only thing I have found never to let me down is a pyrex glass dish. In fact the one I use is actually a top of a pyrex casserole dish.

    Providing you oil it well get the oil nice and hot then drop the mixture in it comes out nice and clean.

    Unfortunately if you wanted individual ones they don't manufacture suitable ones I don't think.
  • oliveoyl
    oliveoyl Posts: 3,411 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Tesco Professional bakeware range is brill.
    TOP MONEYSAVING TIP

    Make your own Pot Noodles using a flower pot, sawdust and some old shoe laces. Pour in boiling water, stir then allow to stand for two minutes before taking one mouthful, and throwing away. Just like the real thing!
  • I have been using silicone muffin cases for mine, sat in a tray for cakes rather than a flat tray.

    Bloomin marvelous....I even photographed the first batch they were so good.
    If you haven't got it - please don't flaunt it. TIA.
  • larmy16
    larmy16 Posts: 4,324 Forumite
    1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Thanks everyone. I bought some silicon bun tins from Aldi recently so will have a go with them before I buy another metal one. :)
    Grocery Challenge £139/240 until 31/01
    Taking part in Sealed Pot No.819/2011
    Only essentials on Ebay/Amazon

  • lil_me
    lil_me Posts: 13,186 Forumite
    10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Allow them to cool a little and most tins will do the trick. Sunflower oil tends to make them stick as it doesn't like getting that hot I don't think. I use a muffin tin (currently a poundland one and a sainsburys one) and with Brian Turner's recipe they are amazing!
    One day I might be more organised...........:confused:
    GC: £200
    Slinkies target 2018 - another 70lb off (half way to what the NHS says) so far 25lb
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.