We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING
Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Ginnyknits
mardatha
Posts: 15,612 Forumite
Ginny, are you ok - hope that gas explosion wasnt near your house ??
0
Comments
-
It was in Irlam, Salford. (just been on the local news)
I hope everyone who lives nearby is safe
0 -
omg not had the tv on today hope everyone is ok:xmastree:Is loving life right now,yes I am a soppy fool who believes in the simple things in life :xmastree:0
-
OMG I am watching it now - three houses are completely splattered - imagine losing all your possessions, photos, mementos etc

Thankfully all the people taken to hospital are likely to be able to leave hospital today.Putting these winter preps here so I don't forget!
Curtain pole installed in the living room
Paint curtain pole
Window quilts for landing window & french door
Add shrink film to the kitchen door & insulate
Insulate front door
Bubble wrap windows & french door
Wash front door curtain
Blind for the bathroom
Find wrist warmers & the wool socks!
Wash heated throws
Wash duvet & wool blankets
Buy vest tops to go under clothes and PJs
Buy nets for bathroom and kitchen
Buy or make blind for kitchen0 -
god it would break my heart to lose everything,poor people but i am glad they are ok:xmastree:Is loving life right now,yes I am a soppy fool who believes in the simple things in life :xmastree:0
-
You guys never cease to amaze me, thank you for thinking of me, no its not too near me. Terrible tragedy isn't it. Just shows you never know what can happen. The local councillors and business's are all rallying together to help out and support is in place. Manchester is very good in times of crisis, we have had lots of them with bombs etc. Im sure the Salvation army will be out in force as they have a strong group in Manchester.Clearing the junk to travel light
Saving every single penny.
I will get my caravan0 -
Phew. LOL ! I never knew anybody from Manchester before, or anybody else in cities down south, so I never paid attention to things like this apart from thinking "oh poor people, thats terrible". But now I know lots of you from this forum.
SEE HOW MUCH WORRY YOUZ ALL GIVE ME !! I SHOULD SUE !0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards