We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Is there any Savings account at the PostOffice?

Options
Hi, I have decided that I will start to save and my problem is all the banks are in the city centre but I would call in to the spar for milk daily and there is a post office there and I thought that would make it easy for me to put in money each week.:T

Does anyone know whch savings account can be used at the post office?

Comments

• cattie1
    cattie1 Posts: 2,063 Forumite
    Options
    i'm not sure but go through quidco and go to post office to see if you can get 1 and earn cashback, i would have looked myself but have to logoff now sorry.
    official dfw nerd club member no 214
    Proud to be dealing with my debts!;)
    Why is a person that handles your money called a broker?!:confused:
  • milliejon
    milliejon Posts: 1,052 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Frankiegirl. I've just checked the post office website, and they don't mention any banks with savings accounts which can access via the post office. However, perhaps a basic bank account would help. See if this link helps http://www.postoffice.co.uk/portal/po/jump2?catId=19400181&mediaId=19700174
    DMP mutual support number 174
    Total debt now (April 10) £0! - total paid off £30,221 or 100%
    I'm now debt free after 6 years!!:j
    Non smoker since June 2006 :j
  • chevalier
    chevalier Posts: 7,937 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    You can get a smile account which you can use via the post office, however you can only pay in cheques, not cash.

Other than that the post office have savings accounts. One has a 1 month notice period on it, that you can't get around which might suit you?
    regards
    chev
    I want a job that is less than an hour driving away from my house! Are you listening universe?
  • doelani
    doelani Posts: 2,576 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi, I have decided that I will start to save and my problem is all the banks are in the city centre but I would call in to the spar for milk daily and there is a post office there and I thought that would make it easy for me to put in money each week.:T

Does anyone know whch savings account can be used at the post office?

Post office do their own savings accounts, have a look here

http://www.postoffice.co.uk/portal/po/jump1?mediaId=19300232&catId=19300206
    TOTAL 44 weeks lose. 6st 9.5lb :T
  • rog2
    rog2 Posts: 11,650 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi Frankiegirl,

We had an ordinary 'Post Office Savings Account' for years - I'm not sure that they do this now, but they do offer a 'Saver Plus' account, which is operated by Bank of Ireland.
    I am NOT, nor do I profess to be, a Qualified Debt Adviser. I have made MANY mistakes and have OFTEN been the unwitting victim of the the shamefull tactics of the Financial Industry.
    If any of my experiences, or the knowledge that I have gained from those experiences, can help anyone who finds themselves in similar circumstances, then my experiences have not been in vain.

HMRC Bankruptcy Statistic - 26th October 2006 - 23rd April 2007 BCSC Member No. 7

DFW Nerd # 166 PROUD TO BE DEALING WITH MY DEBTS
  • saving-grace
    Options
    Alliance and Leicester Easysaver can be used at the Post Office.
    Not a brilliant interest rate but convenient. You would have to visit a branch of A & L though to open the account.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport