We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

sports fans who can't afford sky anymore!!

Options
my OH just discovered this site to watch sport on

you might want to turn the sound down...its all foreign :cool:

http://www.livefooty.doctor-serv.com/
Proud to be dealing with my debts
:beer:
Official DFW nerd no.190 :p

Comments

• System
    System Posts: 178,107 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I have several other links in my favourite and it is particulalry good for saturday 3pm kick offs. However, whilst I don't believe it is illegal but it may not be completly cosher!
  • skintasusual
    Options
    maybe you're right

should I not have posted that?

:confused:
  • System
    Options
    maybe you're right

should I not have posted that?

:confused:

I don't know? I posted something similar on another MSE forum and got a similar reply to this. I'll find the link for you.
  • skintasusual
    Options
    oh dear

well i don't want to be party to illegal stuff

sorry guys
  • rog2
    rog2 Posts: 11,650 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    oh dear

sorry guys

You haven't done anything illegal. I have hotbird and can watch quite a lot of sport on that - I think you may also be able to get Eurosport on Freeview.
    No need to go without sport:beer:

PS I am going to try your link though:D
    I am NOT, nor do I profess to be, a Qualified Debt Adviser. I have made MANY mistakes and have OFTEN been the unwitting victim of the the shamefull tactics of the Financial Industry.
    If any of my experiences, or the knowledge that I have gained from those experiences, can help anyone who finds themselves in similar circumstances, then my experiences have not been in vain.

HMRC Bankruptcy Statistic - 26th October 2006 - 23rd April 2007 BCSC Member No. 7

DFW Nerd # 166 PROUD TO BE DEALING WITH MY DEBTS
  • ZTD
    ZTD Posts: 24,327 Forumite
    Options
    oh dear

sorry guys

It's probably illegal for them to transmit (depends on which country they're in) but it isn't illegal for you to receive.
    "Follow the money!" - Deepthroat (AKA William Mark Felt Sr - Associate Director of the FBI)
    "We were born and raised in a summer haze." Adele 'Someone like you.'
    "Blowing your mind, 'cause you know what you'll find, when you're looking for things in the sky."
    OMD 'Julia's Song'
  • System
    Options
    Happy with that. Didnt mean to give duff advice just thought id pass on information id received. Is hotbird a media streamer?
  • skintasusual
    Options
    YAY

i'm not in trouble :D
  • rog2
    rog2 Posts: 11,650 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    lennymfo wrote:
    Is hotbird a media streamer?

No lenny, Hotbird is another satellite - like Astra, which we got in order to receive the Italian TV - it has all the mainstream Italian channels, plus about 50 'private' Italian channels, most of which are not worth watching (continuous adverts for premium rate !!!!!! lines). Some of the channels are encrypted and, unfortunately, even RAI go encrypted when they are showing Formula 1, or Seria A football, but there are about 200 other channels - German, Arabic, French etc. so there is usually some sport to watch - again you need to turn the volume down if you don't understand Arabic:rolleyes:
    You can, I understand, get a double LNB, which allows you to receive Astra Freeview as well, but that's all a bit technical for me.
    I am NOT, nor do I profess to be, a Qualified Debt Adviser. I have made MANY mistakes and have OFTEN been the unwitting victim of the the shamefull tactics of the Financial Industry.
    If any of my experiences, or the knowledge that I have gained from those experiences, can help anyone who finds themselves in similar circumstances, then my experiences have not been in vain.

HMRC Bankruptcy Statistic - 26th October 2006 - 23rd April 2007 BCSC Member No. 7

DFW Nerd # 166 PROUD TO BE DEALING WITH MY DEBTS
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family