Cheapest place to get Vita-Mix Blender

Options
I'm after a vitamix TNC at the cheapest price. I'm aware that you can purchase one for a discount at costco and various food/trade shows across the country, but unfortunately my nearest costco doesn't have it and there isn't a show up in NE scotland any time soon. From checking online it seems my options are rather limited to the following:

1. It's priced at £429 on the vitamix website but P&P is extra (£40) (although there are internet codes which will forego P&P from affiliate companies).

2. John Lewis sell the 010231 model, which is the same as the TNC model at £429.

And that's it! I can't do better than £429. Anyone know how I can get it cheaper?

(As a side, anyone know if I can get the 5200 model with full 7yr warranty in the UK?)

Comments

• carteruk
    Options
    im in the market for one
  • beertron
    beertron Posts: 9 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 20 September 2011 at 6:46PM
    Options
    I've searched high and low to find a cheaper Vitamix.

There are certainly cheaper ones going on ebay, however only the 5000 edition and the new TNC model have the variable speed function that I need. The winning bid usually hits around £320-£350, however most of these don't have a warranty or the warranty is already half expired.

I started Google searching for refurbished models and I came accross a winner. IdealWorld.tv is flogging refurbished versions of the brand new TNC model, with a full 7 year warranty (same as brand new from the manufacturer)

I also used TopCashBack.co.uk to get 4.04% cashback.

Here's how the savings stacked up:

What it would cost from Vitamix.co.uk: £439 Vitamix TNC + £20 (shipping) = £459

What it cost me through TopCashBack.co.uk and Ideal World: £389.99 + £7.99 (shipping) - £15.75 (cashback) = £382.23

Total Savings = £76.77! :rotfl:
  • Mr_Incredible
    Options
    cosco £407 inc VAT thats the 5200 one
  • consultant31
    Options
    I'm after a vitamix TNC at the cheapest price.

And that's it! I can't do better than £429. Anyone know how I can get it cheaper?

(As a side, anyone know if I can get the 5200 model with full 7yr warranty in the UK?)

I got mine from the Great Yorkshire Show 2 years ago (with 7 yr warranty) and it's already saved it's cost in soups and smoothies (compared to what they cost in the supermarket) and the end product is so much smoother than you can make by any other method.

Some things are just worth the money and IMO Vitamix is one of those things! :D
    I let my mind wander and it never came back!
  • ahll
    ahll Posts: 1,506 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I am looking to get one of these now. Does anyone know of a current good deal ?
    "The time is always right to do what is right"
  • MsBooty
    MsBooty Posts: 286 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    Does anyone know of any deals on the vitamix?
    :j BIG THANKS TO ALL COMP POSTERS, MUCH APPRECIATED :j
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    I am after one too
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    I just bought one after making yet another batch of grainy nut milk in my blender. The nut milk is good but I am sure vitamix will make even better and I have spent all day doing research. I decided to get the 500pro from lakeland, as the 7 year guarantee will be rock solid via them and I had over £100 in vouchers from last year. The costco one is a good buy with the dry grinder but I would only need that for flour and I would like the pulse button. So it will be delivered in 2 days time and will have cose me £489. My high speed waring blender will then be passed onto one of my children.
  • Angelina-M
    Angelina-M Posts: 1,541 Forumite
    Options
    kittie wrote: »
    I just bought one after making yet another batch of grainy nut milk in my blender. The nut milk is good but I am sure vitamix will make even better and I have spent all day doing research. I decided to get the 500pro from lakeland, as the 7 year guarantee will be rock solid via them and I had over £100 in vouchers from last year. The costco one is a good buy with the dry grinder but I would only need that for flour and I would like the pulse button. So it will be delivered in 2 days time and will have cose me £489. My high speed waring blender will then be passed onto one of my children.

Hi Kittie.
    Well you've had your Vitamix for a few months now... do you love it??

I would love the model you have but its out of my league so I'm looking at the cheaper one that Lakeland sell.

Its still such a lot of money but if it gets my family eating healthier then I guess its worth it.

• Angelina-M
    Angelina-M Posts: 1,541 Forumite
    Options
    So I bought the Vitamix from Lakeland (the cheaper one) and wow its fab!! But it is very loud, to the point of frightening my aged dog. However they have now brought a quieter option to Lakeland, the new generation model and i'm going to have a serious look at that one and maybe seeing if I can upgrade. Loving the green smoothies though!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure