PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Urgent help plz....!!

Options
Our microwave has just died!! We use it almost everyday & now...no more.Desperate for an alternative...any suggestions,comments...welcome.Having read thru the threads you guys have the edge on this expertise...could wait for the sales but i think, may not be possible!:confused:

Comments

• taplady
    taplady Posts: 7,184 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hi ! I'd try a carboot first or the local ads. We got ours from Tesco where it was under £40 for a microwave and grill!
    Do what you love :happyhear
  • poppycracker
    Options
    try Argos. We got one in there for £25 I think it was. Also, try freecycle.
    DFW Nerd no 239.....Last Personal Debt paid off Nov 2012!
    Donated 50 pints so far.... gold badge got 17/11/13! Blood Group O+
    mummy to 3 cats, 2 budgies and a cockatiel
  • kaan_is
    kaan_is Posts: 464 Forumite
    Options
    would you suggest to go for a particular brand..like many people opt for panasonic BM ??
  • HappyIdiotTalk
    Options
    kaan_is wrote:
    Our microwave has just died!! We use it almost everyday & now...no more.Desperate for an alternative...any suggestions,comments...welcome.Having read thru the threads you guys have the edge on this expertise...could wait for the sales but i think, may not be possible!:confused:
    I see you live in Brum. Anyway near Longbridge? There are loads of microwaves on the old MG Rover site that were left behind when the workers left. I might be able to negotiate one for you if you dont mind it being second hand. Would you like me to ask?
    SIMPLE SIMON - Met a pie man going to the fair. Said Simple Simon to the pie man, "What have you got there?" Said the pie man unto Simon, "Pies, you simpleton!"
  • recovering_spendaholic
    Options
    I got mine in Costco - £30something inc VAT and it is a Sharp 800W one. It has a two year warrantly too and Costco are really good about taking stuff back if you have a problem. I personally wouldn't buy anything electrical from Tesco from experience - their after sales service is rubbish if there is a problem.
    Jane

ENDIS. Employed, no disposable income or savings!
  • sophiesmum_2
    Options
    Asda have a really good after sales service on electrical stuff. One year guarantee and as long as you have receipt they will just give you a new one.Our tv remote croaked after 10 months,and asda gave us a whole new tv as it was still under guarantee, they then guaranteed the replacement for the next year also.
    Think their basic microwaves are around the £30 mark

sophiesmum
    Reduce,re-use, recycle.

• kaan_is
    kaan_is Posts: 464 Forumite
    Options
    thanks everyone...for all comments..."Happy" i am interested..please pm me.
  • researcher
    researcher Posts: 1,539 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Are you a member of your local freecycle group? If not join. Then post a 'wanted' request. I've recently got both my slow cooker and breadmaker from ladies who were delighted to free some space in their kitchens :confused: They are both nearly new (the items, not the ladies) and I'm very happy as I wouldn't have gone out and purchased them!

Here is the link to the list of freecycle sites in the UK - the Birmingham one is very large with over 4000 members.

http://www.freecycle.org/display.php?region=United+Kingdom

Try this before spending anything.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family