contents insurance

I need to find a new insurance for contents. Br Aug this year, will be looking at comparison websites etc but would be interested in any one else whos br experiences. Need to pay monthly if poss and live in rented accomadation. Thanks

Comments

• IF
    IF Posts: 34,349 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Hi HUAFU, I know some on here have gone with the Coop contents insurance cover and I'm sure they will be more answers. Whoever you go with ask them to send you a letter confirming that being BR isn't a problem, just to cover yourself.

Best wishes
    If...x
    "If wishes were horses, then beggars would ride"
  • philnicandamy
    philnicandamy Posts: 15,685 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Agreed co-op have given insurance without hassles....to be safe though double check any insurers T&C's before you commit even if they say "oh bankruptcy wont be an issue" you can easily check online as most insurance terms are listed
    We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will
  • alastairq
    alastairq Posts: 5,030 Forumite
    I can only re-iterate what the others have said..Co-op insurance is the way I went.

helps banking with them as well.....

Funny that... the Co-op was always seen as the poor persons' bank..the sort of bank an ordinary [working or otherwise] person used....they always used a system of 'agents'...local people...to service their insurances......

In this day and age, I suspect Co-op are seen as somewhat 'quaint?'

I do hope Co-op doesn't change too much.....at least they wont get taken over by some not-so-anonymous financial institution?

On the other hand, Barclays may try, just to get some revenge on me!
    No, I don't think all other drivers are idiots......but some are determined to change my mind.......
  • Thanks, will be looking in to co op. Anyone know if they let you pay monthly?
  • philnicandamy
    philnicandamy Posts: 15,685 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Royal sun alliance more than did with me as well....monthly payments dropped as well when we moved
    We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will
  • alastairq
    alastairq Posts: 5,030 Forumite
    Thanks, will be looking in to co op. Anyone know if they let you pay monthly?

not sure post-BR...mine was already in place, and I was paying monthly by DD...

I don't see why co-op shouldn't agree to monthly DD?

Ask them?
    No, I don't think all other drivers are idiots......but some are determined to change my mind.......
  • alastairq wrote: »
    not sure post-BR...mine was already in place, and I was paying monthly by DD...

I don't see why co-op shouldn't agree to monthly DD?

Ask them?

I tried with the Coop while bankrupt, had a fab quote but couldn't go with them because I didn't pass their credit check for direct debit. As Alastair said though, definately worth asking as I maybe had an advisor on an offday and didn't quite get it right. Maybe in the Branch would be a good call?
    Save £1000 in a year... £19.281000
    Miche
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family