We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Are Payplan any good?

Options
Hi everyone,

just wanted some quick advice really.

My parents have been with CCCS for 2 years now, but unfortunately, my mum and dad have come across discrepancies in the totals and are not happy with the responses they are getting from them.

They are looking to try and clear their debt with someone else. They have been recommended Payplan, but Ive never heard of it.

Does anyone know about this, is it legit? Are there any hidden / upfront costs? Any advice anyone could give will help, thank you in advance :o
You're so very special, I wish I was special :dance:

Comments

• fatbelly
    fatbelly Posts: 20,810 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Cashback Cashier
    Options
    Yes, Payplan are excellent ... but then I'd also say that about CCCS.

Both organisations are stretched to the limit precisely because they are good and the demand for their services is huge.

It's a case of finding someone at CCCS with the time to look into their case and find out what is happenning here.

Hopefully Wonder Girl will be along shortly...
  • jamesfunnell
    Options
    I'm with Payplan, yes they are great, helped me out a lot. Would definately reccomend.
  • moosetastic
    moosetastic Posts: 1,195 Forumite
    PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    thank you. is there any hidden costs with them then at all?
    You're so very special, I wish I was special :dance:

• james32_uk
    james32_uk Posts: 1,223 Forumite
    Options
    No. Payplan offer a free service just like CCCS. Beware though, as they're the only ones left once youve ditched CCCS so dont ditch them too or you'll be in 'fee' territory!
    Debt as at 12th July 2006 - £61,345 :eek: :eek: :eek:
    Debt free 21st Oct 2011.

All thanks to :money:
  • fatbelly
    fatbelly Posts: 20,810 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Cashback Cashier
    Options
    If I can be more frank, I don't think it's a good idea to switch between the two organisations. Presumably the creditors have by now accepted the offers made, the payments are not causing hardship, and all the money being paid by your parents is getting passed on to them.

Payplan would start the whole process again and this will force creditors to examine your parents accounts. It's like poking an animal with a stick!

If the problem is in record keeping at CCCS then you just need to find someone who can spend the time to check what has been paid to who.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,107 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Both do a remarakable job - thank god. Sign of the times I'm afriad i.e. they are soooo busy.
  • madduck
    madduck Posts: 291 Forumite
    Options
    On the monthly statements your parents receive from CCCS it will say that they should check regularly to make sure that the balances shown are accurate.

If there are discrepancies, are they informing CCCS? Perhaps the companies are sending updates to you and not to CCCS?

I've been with CCCS for over 2 years now and always found them to be really good. Always provide great advice and lots of support when it is needed.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport