We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

sorry need more help

Options
just had baines and ernst on the phone/ they reckon if I pay back £128 per month to them i can be debt free on their debt management plan

I've looked at Payplan and am thiking of giving them a call.

What do you think?

Comments

• aimme13
    aimme13 Posts: 458 Forumite
    Options
    out of that money they will take some for them self as commision!! if you can afford the £128 a month then pay it to your creditors (through payplan if you wish) all the money will go straight to your creditors and therefor you will be debt free quicker.
  • aimme13
    Options
    sorry typed so quick!!!! was just worried you would go with baines and ernst!! im with payplan def give them a call
  • yeah they said i need to pay 128 upfront hahah liek i have that!

will call payplan now.

IVA or DMP???
  • rog2
    rog2 Posts: 11,650 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    just had baines and ernst on the phone/ they reckon if I pay back £128 per month to them i can be debt free on their debt management plan

I've looked at Payplan and am thiking of giving them a call.

What do you think?

Please don't go with Baines and Ernst - Payplan or CCCS will do the same, if not better, for nothing - giving you an extra £128 per month to throw at your debts.
    I am NOT, nor do I profess to be, a Qualified Debt Adviser. I have made MANY mistakes and have OFTEN been the unwitting victim of the the shamefull tactics of the Financial Industry.
    If any of my experiences, or the knowledge that I have gained from those experiences, can help anyone who finds themselves in similar circumstances, then my experiences have not been in vain.

HMRC Bankruptcy Statistic - 26th October 2006 - 23rd April 2007 BCSC Member No. 7

DFW Nerd # 166 PROUD TO BE DEALING WITH MY DEBTS
  • aimme13
    Options
    dont know much about iva's im on a dmp i think payplan/cccs will tell you, all depends on how much you owe and how much you can pay back, good luck!
  • thanks jus tspoke to someone at paypla they said they would give me a call back in a few days!!! will try them again tonight as i need this sorted xxx
  • Biffa
    Biffa Posts: 321 Forumite
    Options
    Don't go with Baines & Ernst!!!! Payplpan won't cost you a penny, so sit tight and wait for them to call back in a day or two. It'll be a phone interview that will probably take around an hour, so have all your paperwork handy for when they ring.

Good luck.
    BCSC # 9 and proud! :beer:
  • lynzpower
    lynzpower Posts: 25,311 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I suggest you print off as muhc info as you can about DMPs & IVAs. Either one of these is a MAJOR decision, and not one you should be making on the hoof and out of panic.

TAke a deep breath, and breathe out.

Isnt it that youve just lost your job? Surely neither an IVA or DMP are suitable for you at th emo as you dont have an income? When you do, payplan wil be able to advise. but speak to them in a feew days when they call you back of course x
    :beer: Well aint funny how its the little things in life that mean the most? Not where you live, the car you drive or the price tag on your clothes.
    Theres no dollar sign on piece of mind
    This Ive come to know...
    So if you agree have a drink with me, raise your glasses for a toast :beer:
  • skintasusual
    Options
    I just switched to CCCS from baines and ernst. I lost my first payment of £272 to them, but in the long run I will save at least £6000.

also B&E's SOA give you loads more spare cash - which I though was great! until you realise its gonna take 10 years to pay off your debts.

I am now paying £394 to CCCS, have saved £6000 in fees to B&E, and have shaved 4 1/2 years off my debt free date

can't beat that :rotfl:

Don't touch baines and ernst with an extra long barge pole
    Proud to be dealing with my debts
    :beer:
    Official DFW nerd no.190 :p
  • madduck
    madduck Posts: 291 Forumite
    Options
    Don't go near a fee charging organisation. CCCS and Payplan don't charge - they are charities.

I believe that CCCS are offering an online service these days - Wondergirl posted about it a couple of weeks ago. Have you had a look at the CCCS website?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport