Hi from a Newbie

Options
Hi I just joined the other day and find this site amazing with tips and advice and just posted my letters today to the banks asking for a refund on my bank charges.
last year and I found myself in a huge pile of debts but my house is sold and i will be debt free apart from a mortgage on my new home.

I keep seeing S.O.A mentioned here but have not got a clue what it means can someone enlighten me please.

Comments

• Mizz_Pink
    Mizz_Pink Posts: 756 Forumite
    Options
    Statement Of Affairs i.e all your incomings and outgoings. You might also want to do a spending diary to see where all your cash/debit card purchases go.

Well done for posting!
    Just owe Dad £2500 for a new car
    :A

Paid off car loan 22nd August 2009. :T
  • *zippy*
    *zippy* Posts: 2,979 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    :hello: Hi frankiegirl

If you have a look at the link below it will show you what to include in your SOA

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=107280

zippy x
  • sueshells
    Options
    Welcome frankiegirl.

This is a brilliant site full of brilliant people. It's helped me no end and I will be eternally grateful - it's fun too, even if you have debts to pay and are feeling down it's usually posssible to find someone who's got an amusing tale to tell - usually about how awful one of the banks or credit card companies are!!

Best of Luck

Sue
  • loulouloulou_2
    Options
    Hi Frankiegirl

Just wanted to say a BIG dfw welcome..... once you post a SOA people can usually really help - they have with me!! Even if you dont need any help - you can maeet some really nice people here and just have a laugh!!

:D
    Joined September 2006: £18800.00 in debt:eek:
    21/11/06 - £16953.04, :eek:
    DFD - Sept 2009:T proud to be dealing with my debt

:j £2 coin saving club: 21/11/06 £0:j
  • *stargazer*
    Options
    Hi, I am new too, frankie, it's incredible the amount of information and help on here, wish I'd found it last year x
  • frankiegirl
    Options
    Thank you for the warm welcome, i find this site is amazing and its giving me hope that i can stay out of debt once this house is sold
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure