Need help to find best Ipod Touch deal

Options
Hey all

Wanting to get a new Ipod Touch 8GB (the one with the camera) for a christmas present but ready to buy it any time.

Had planned on getting it from Argos as we were trying to get the most out of their 'spend £100 get £20 voucher offer. We have other things to buy from Argos at the moment, so today hubby is away to get these in 2 seperate transactions, one is £100 and the other is £50, so we would get £30 of vouchers in total. Then the plan was to use them on Sunday before the deal ends and buy the Ipod (and get another £20 vouchers), however I have just read the terms and it turns out that firstly it's 2 x £5 and 2 x £10 vouchers, and one can be used in November and the other in December, so will miss out on another £20 - clever Argos!

So now I am searching for the best option for buying it. We will still have our vouchers from Argos, £15 to spend in Nov and £15 in Dec, but can I get the ipod any cheaper than £15 off?? Also bearing in mind that until 2nd Nov Argos also have a deal of a free £15 itunes voucher when you buy the Ipod. So the best deal I can get form Argos would be to wait til Monday, buy with £15 vouchers and get £15 itunes free, meaning I am getting £204 worth of goods for £174, so saving £30.

The itunes voucher isn't essential, but if we are going to find it the best option to get from Argos, then we might as well get that thrown in for free too.

One other deal I have found is at Tesco, 1500 bonus clubcard points when you buy Ipod. The price is still £189, and i'd get £15 worth of tesco vouchers - so the same deal really.

Anyone else found cheaper way to get hold of this?

Thanks

Comments

• kazmc
    kazmc Posts: 428 Forumite
    Options
    Ive just seen a iPod touch 4th Generation (8 GB) brand new on EBay for 169.95.
    I will be following this thread as I am looking to get one for my daughter for Christmas
  • magfo
    magfo Posts: 70 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    That's who we are buying this one for, our daughter. I got one last year and she was soooo very jealous! I just think I will be jealous of hers this year as she will have the camera on it.

I did think of looking at ebay, but i've always been a bit wary of buying electrical goods from there.
  • cookie79_2
    Options
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=2816386

This is a link to a post by Shannon who found a deal on Amazon with £15 off also.
    HTH.
  • magfo
    Options
    Thanks for posting that link. I had a look to check if the code works for the 8gb as well as the 32gb that Shannon was buying and it does up til 2nd Nov. You need to use the code ITOUCH10 at the checkout and it takes £15 off.

However, although it means you are physically paying less for your ipod, £169.95 (Amazon, free super saver delivery) at Argos I think you are getting more out of it. I will have to pay £189 (so £20 more than Amazon) but I will get a £20 Argos voucher, so that covers that difference as long as I need to buy something else from Argos anyway (which I will for xmas presents), plus you are getting the £15 free itunes voucher, so it works out a better deal than Amazon overall.

It's looking like we may stick to good old Argos anyway, even if they have made it a bit difficult with their vouchers - but free vouchers means less money to spend on xmas pressies - so that can't be bad!
  • jo9919
    jo9919 Posts: 43 Forumite
    Options
    You can get £15 off Ipods at Dixons by quoting ITOUCH15. This makes the price for 8GB £169.95. You also get 3% cashback if you order through Quidco.
    Hope this helps,
    Jo.
  • magfo
    Options
    Thanks Jo, it does help a bit, but Argos are still giving the itunes voucher, so think that's still the winner.

Thanks for letting me know though, I will be weighing all this up with hubby tonight.

:)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport