Tesco misprices thread 6 - please only post misprices here

This thread is only for posting any misprices you find at Tescos.

Please don't use this thread for discussion of the policy or any other discussions as this will detract from the actual misprices which will get lost amongst the chatter; there is a dedicated thread here for any discussion. Any discussion posts or repeat misprice posts will be deleted so the thread does not get cluttered up, so it's best not to post in the wrong place ;)

For new readers:

For clarification SEL stands for Shelf Edge Label, R & R stands for Refund & Retain

the Tesco policy on signs instore is :-

"And if things don't add up ~ In the unlikely event you are charged a higher price than on the shelf or the product we will refund your money and you can keep the product"

Compare the price per kilo on the pack with the shelf edge label price per kilo and where there is a difference the lowest price must be charged.

Thanks to !!!!!! Dastardly for providing the following information from the DTI website which summarises consumer rights in relation to misleading price indications:

Q1. I was charged a different price for an item at the till to the one that was shown on the shelf, what are my rights?

The Consumer Protection Act 1987 makes it an offence for a trader to give a consumer misleading price indications. In the first instance speak to the trader about the differing prices, if you are not satisfied with the response, contact your local authority trading standards department who enforce the Act and who could bring a prosecution against the trader.

http://www.dti.gov.uk/consumers/fact...page24699.html
I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries and Shop but don't drop boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to [email protected] (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Replies

• redhotredhot Forumite
    245 Posts
    2 x Faux suede lamps (posted before ) sel £9.99 label on lamp £8.99
    Game boy advance - mario power tennis sticker 12.97 scan 19.99
    game boy advance - the koala brothers outback adventures- sticker 12.94 scan 12.99

full r&r of 54.90 - and a smile from cs

also , person in front of me at cs bought a small plastic toy consisting of afootball net, figure, and ball in a plastic packet, sel 46p ish scan 1.90 ish - might be worth checking out for kids party bags etc.
    :rotfl:Red Hot by name, Red hot by nature. :rotfl:
  • anyone got the link to the misprices thread 5
  • redfoxredfox Forumite
    15.3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    kellymobbs wrote:
    anyone got the link to the misprices thread 5

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=273101
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries and Shop but don't drop boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to [email protected] (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

• old one but god they taste so nice!!!!!!:p
    Finest british sirloin steak SEL £14.48 but pack price £16.98/kg. After 20mns trying to explain to CS lady that the price on the shelf is what you should be paying for and not on the pack:eek: the duty manager came and agreed with me:beer: £27 R/R
    Guess what we are having for dinner............:rotfl:
    Long Live Rock And Roll
  • DrFluffyDrFluffy Forumite
    2.5K Posts
    frenchman wrote:
    old one but god they taste so nice!!!!!!:p
    Finest british sirloin steak SEL £14.48 but pack price £16.98/kg. After 20mns trying to explain to CS lady that the price on the shelf is what you should be paying for and not on the pack:eek: the duty manager came and agreed with me:beer: £27 R/R
    Guess what we are having for dinner............:rotfl:
    Hopefully not the duty manager ;):D

Teccies Hackney: A4 spiral notebook box price 1.4X scanned at 1.97. Got 10 :D [The nicest bit = it was a genuine find - I actually wanted 10 books for logging my notes etc in :D]
    April Grocery Challenge £81/£120
  • Originally Posted by FloFlo
    Originally Posted by Bookworm63
    Black combat trousers with gold/silver diamante detail to front and back pocket. Ticket price £12, scanned at £13!
    Thanks to Snowball2 for this one - also bought age 8-9 so don't know if others are affected.

Full R&R with no problems.

Hi, were these reduced or was the printed price wrong. thanks.

These were not reduced, it was a standard printed label with £12 on the tear off portion at the bottom. Happy hunting!
  • wlfc1wlfc1 Forumite
    962 Posts
    Not sure of the exact details on this, but as I stood at CS getting my r&r, I noticed a lady complaing that her BOGOF for carte Noire coffee never triggered. As my transaction had completed at the same time I followed SA to the the SEL, she turned it round (although there was no stock left anyway) might be worth checking out?.
  • joshtbhjoshtbh Forumite
    1.4K Posts
    3 x 24 packs of Tetley's smoothflow, SEL £14.98, scanned at £15.98 full R&R for £47.94 no problem. The SEL was white.

Fuji camera SEL was £179.xx, scanning as this price too. Think they must have it sorted.
  • wlfc1wlfc1 Forumite
    962 Posts
    joshtbh wrote:
    3 x 24 packs of Tetley's smoothflow, SEL £14.98, scanned at £15.98 full R&R no problem. The SEL was white.

Fuji camera SEL was £179.xx, scanning as this price too. Think they must have it sorted.

The fuji camera issue is really strange, some stores have them priced at £179 and at least two stores have them priced at £219, I managed to find one that had a £199 SEL and scan at £219.

so these are definately worth looking for !
  • sindy_2sindy_2 Forumite
    298 Posts
    Dvd irobot and Minority report scans at 22.99 but is priced up at 9.97..R+R no problem again today :)
    :DDistant fields will always look greener.
    Yet, golden opportunities are all around you
    :D
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Who can suggest a top-notch bed?

This Forumite's mattress is in need of a base

MSE Forum

Top theatre lotteries

How to grab £10-£25 tix for Cabaret, Matilda etc

MSE Deals