We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Mystery Shopping.

Options
I did my first mystery shop today, it was a nightmare.
It was for a restaurant and everything that could go wrong did go wrong.
I felt a bit guilty sending in my report with so many negative comments, but I suppose that is what mystery shopping is all about.
Onto my next one..

Comments

• System
    System Posts: 178,107 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    May I ask, how did you earn for it? I've registered and am awaiting my first one!Can you say what kind of things you did?
  • whatatwit
    whatatwit Posts: 5,424 Forumite
    Options
    Advent, if you had been spending your own money, would you have returned to the restaurant after today's experience?

May I ask which mystery shopping company it was for, I do ones for Grass Roots, but not had any food ones yet, banks & shops.
    Official DFW Nerd Club - Member no: 203.
  • advent1122
    advent1122 Posts: 1,403 Forumite
    Options
    lennymfo, no payment but you get to have a 3 course meal with drinks, all expenses paid.
    The service was appalling and the food had to be sent back as it was cold.
    I dont know whether I can say any more.
    whatatwit.
    if you had been spending your own money, would you have returned to the restaurant after today's experience?
    That was one of the questions and if it was my own money I would have left after the main course and not have dessert and coffee.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,107 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    i see thanks

lenny
  • Smashing
    Smashing Posts: 1,799 Forumite
    Options
    There's an ongoing thread here where lots of people are sharing their experiences.

Just to mention also that a lot of companies do not take too kindly to have details given out regarding payment/establishments mystery shopped etc.
  • Hello
    Hello Posts: 358 Forumite
    Options
    I would really be grateful if anyone could tell me how many assignments they get with Grass Roots. I have been signed up for over a year and only had 3 offered and I think it is because I live in the South West.

Do any other mystery shoppers live in Devon and Cornwall and get loads? Is it me?

Thanks

H
    x
    Ciggie free 2am 21/09/06. Debt free 25/06/09.
    'It was such a lovely day I thought 'it's a pity to get up'' W. Somerset Maugham.
  • advent1122
    advent1122 Posts: 1,403 Forumite
    Options
    Just to mention also that a lot of companies do not take too kindly to have details given out regarding payment/establishments mystery shopped etc.

I did not name either the establishment nor the company I shopped for.
  • Smashing
    Smashing Posts: 1,799 Forumite
    Options
    advent1122 wrote:
    I did not name either the establishment nor the company I shopped for.

I didn't say you did...just a by the by. :)
  • Annie021063
    Annie021063 Posts: 2,569 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hello wrote:
    I would really be grateful if anyone could tell me how many assignments they get with Grass Roots. I have been signed up for over a year and only had 3 offered and I think it is because I live in the South West.

Do any other mystery shoppers live in Devon and Cornwall and get loads? Is it me?

Thanks

H
    x

How on earth have you managed to reduce your debt by over 6K in less than a week?????
  • Hello
    Hello Posts: 358 Forumite
    Options
    Hi

I'd love to say something about wheeling and dealing and being really clever :D but in reality I cashed in my endowment policy and paid off some credit cards and an overdraft (renting now!).

The next £7,000 plus is going to go a lot more slowly!! :o
    Ciggie free 2am 21/09/06. Debt free 25/06/09.
    'It was such a lovely day I thought 'it's a pity to get up'' W. Somerset Maugham.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport