Tips needed for recycling/reusing items/food

Options
Hi

I know about Freecycle and Gumtree, but are there other online places where I can offer and request items for recycling/exchange? I'm based in NE Derbs/Notts.

Also, does anyone know more about requesting food from supermarkets etc that would be thrown out and could still be used if I collected it? Trying to help source cheap / free food to support a local community project I'd like to set up. Not sure where to get relevent info from before I make any approaches to stores. I need to research and understand the issue before I go any further.

Thanks
Lizzie
[FONT=&quot]Thanks for your help! :T
[/FONT]

Comments

• Ken68
    Ken68 Posts: 6,825 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Energy Saving Champion Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=2048717

and also Google for UK Freegans. Basically it's private property, so illegal unless you are given the food. Also risk of food poisoning etc. Also the risk to the supermarkets of other commercial operators cashing in. Have you never wondered what is in your Pizza.
  • Meadows
    Meadows Posts: 4,530 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Hung up my suit! Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Supermarkets will not give you foods, if you were to use food that was beyond it's sell by, BBF or use by date and someone fell ill they could be held responsible. Even staff do not get theses food item (well in a good store run correctly). The food is usually throw in the compactor.
    Everything has its beauty but not everyone sees it.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure