🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

im louise and in debt alot

Options
hi i just joined, cos i relise after yrs, that i owe alot of money. and need help at the same time i fel silly, but know that i have a huge problem that needs sorting out fast
i dont know what i do really.. sorry to be thick..

louisex

Comments

• saverram
    saverram Posts: 120 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Louise
    welcme to mse First u need to know how much the problem is
    just sort out u r SOA and how much u own on what and their aprs. i f u can post u rincome and outgoing we cn try to help u to cut down and give u moral support
    all the best
    saverram
    Target : to Live on 4k for 2008
  • Glass_Half_Empty??
    Options
    Well first you need to tell us what you earn and what you spend it on, then all these nice people round here will help you to cut back or get rid of things you needn't spend on. Sorry I can't help personally but I don't know enough to help you but i'm sure these guys will help you :)
  • halloweenqueen_2
    Options
    Well done for getting on here, if you post your debts and your income, or SOA, we can help you try and cut back on things and advise you to pay off the debts with the highest interest first. Good luck!
  • SunderlandBlackCat
    Options
    Hello & welcome to the board - there are a lot of us in the same boat.

The best place to start is to post a SOA (Statement of Affairs). There are some very knowledgeable people on here who will be able to use that to offer advice.

Theres a thead at the top of the board that tells you how.
  • hannah:-)_2
    Options
    First don't panic!!!
    I'm a newbie too. First step seems to be work out how much you owe altogether (most Debt Free Wannabes add details in their signatures) then take a bit of time to have a look around the different DFW message threads to see the sort of questions and answers people come up with :-)
    Official DFW nerd 187 :T Highest debt Oct 06 £23,319 _pale_ Cleared end 09. :T
    Student again now and trying to fight the debts that are creeping up again :eek:
  • loobbyloulou30
    Options
    thanks
    total income monthly
    jsa £240 hubby not working
    child tax credit £760
    child benefit £250

i start a part time job next wk,, income £600 a month.

outgoings monthly
    rent £160
    council tax £ 50
    sky£45
    fone£40
    t.v£26
    gas £40
    electric£40
    wTER RATES£60
    car insurance£33
    petrol£40
    catalogue £30
    food £300-400
    child care£110
    aol £24.99
    arrears
    council tax £2500
    water rates£1300
    loan £4174 91
    credit card £2023.87
    barclays£190
    catalouge £400

i think that is it.. ouch.....
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    Hi you're in the right place to get help. Noone will judge you, most of us are in the same boat and so we understand what you are going through.

Your soa will enable people to give you the best advice to help you.
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • System
    System Posts: 178,106 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Yep you're definitely in the right place. You will get all the help you need here and more. Keep posting.
  • Gorgeous_George
    Options
    Ditch Sky.

Water rates too high - get a meter

Rent too low

:)

GG
    There are 10 types of people in this world. Those who understand binary and those that don't.
  • rog2
    rog2 Posts: 11,650 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Will your part-time job affect your tax credits?
    I am NOT, nor do I profess to be, a Qualified Debt Adviser. I have made MANY mistakes and have OFTEN been the unwitting victim of the the shamefull tactics of the Financial Industry.
    If any of my experiences, or the knowledge that I have gained from those experiences, can help anyone who finds themselves in similar circumstances, then my experiences have not been in vain.

HMRC Bankruptcy Statistic - 26th October 2006 - 23rd April 2007 BCSC Member No. 7

DFW Nerd # 166 PROUD TO BE DEALING WITH MY DEBTS
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family