Motivation needed

As the title says am needing a bit of motivation as at the moment am feeling a bit like it's never ending. Doesn't help that whenever I think I have a debt cleared then another one seems to pop up out of the woodwork!

Anyway at the moment I have:
£750 - Halifax c/c - am currently taking them to court to reclaim charges, they have until Friday to respond so have fingers very tightly crossed that they won't do
£350 - Shop Direct - am disputing this since I am fairly sure they don't have the correct paperwork and hopefully this will mean I can get a low f+f, the dca has already offered me 50% but not in the correct format
£500 - Scottish Power - is being paid off as arrears with my current bill
£265 - Tax credits overpayment - being paid off at £30 a month but apparently they also have money owing me but I need to send them details of my income from 2009 before they will release it, hopefully it will balance this out
£8100 - Northern Rock - very old loan, am trying to save up in the hope will be able to do a f+f on this but think it may be a good while off yet
I also owe a mortgage shortfall to Birmingham Midshires but I have no idea how much this will be yet which is very frustrating.

I have managed to pay some arrears off and reclaim charges on 2 ccs which has cleared them but am feeling a bit demotivated now. I think I need to be able to see things happening more and seems to have ground to a bit of a halt. Am trying to stay positive but can feel myself slipping a bit, eg haven't put anything on ebay for weeks now, have started buying things for lunch instead of making it every day. I am hoping by writing it down it will help me to stay on track.

So my to-do-list this week:
Check court house on Friday to see if Halifax have responded
Find income details from 2009 for Tax Credits
Find proof of jobseekers from 2009 for HMRC so can try and reclaim overpayment on tax
Sort out and list ebay items
Mystery shops
Surveys
Clear out spare room after lodger leaves on Tuesday

Comments

• Sessie
    Sessie Posts: 364 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Welcome!

You're not going to make a post as long as that and then not stick to your guns are you???? :)

You CAN do this, you just need to ask yourself one question each time you are buying lunch instead of making it or not putting things on ebay, "What COULD I be using this money for instead?". In your heart you know there are better uses for it than an M&S BLT!! :D

The BLT will fill you for an hour, using it to pay off your debts will fill you with joy that will last a whole lot longer!

Simples!!

Will be back to check up on you!!! /warns!!

x
    Sealed Pot 5 number 1544
  • podperson
    podperson Posts: 3,125 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Hehe, thanks Sessie, appreciate the support and am not at all scared really *hides in a corner*
    Did very little last night as am full of a cold so spent most of the evening curled under my duvet on the sofa coughing my guts up. Managed to do the dishes, some washing and quick clean on the kitchen as OH has friends coming round tomorrow during the day. He did tidy the living room but just left the rest of the house *sighs*
    No post when I went home last night so Halifax only have 4 days to respond to my court claim now :D
    Was half good today, brought lunch from home but didn't have any drinks in so ended up buying diet coke on the way in (am a complete addict!). Ah well was still cheaper then buying food as well I guess. My lodger is moving the rest of his stuff out today (well I'm hoping he is since he wasn't home last night and didn't seem to have packed much!!) so depending on how I feel tonight need to start sorting his room out.
  • podperson
    podperson Posts: 3,125 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Am going to try and post on here most days as think will help me to put down where I am at and what I am supposed to be doing :) No post today so that means Halifax now have only 2 days to put a defence in. I'm worried that I am putting too much pressure on this but it is a really big deal for me as would not only clear my debt with them but would give a good chunk left over that I am hoping to use for full and final settlements. In my little dream world I would love to be debt free before I'm 30 - however this is only a year off and I know realistically that while I am aiming to throw all I can at the debts this year that will require a bit of luck as well, and this payment would help a lot with that.
    Not getting very far with my list this week, am still feeling lousy and am just about getting through work then going home and going to bed :(

Bit stressed as well today as I was meant to have a pay review last week and it got put back - well actually didn't even get put back but the boss meant to do it didn't show up, fairly standard for where I work - and then I find out today that there is a job being advertised that I wasn't even told about for basic reception work (I do some of this but also do accounts and general finance) which is on a higher rate then what I'm currently on. Quite annoyed by this and of course as usual the boss is not in so I can't chase him up on my salary. I was told when I started that I would be on basic rate but as I took on more work it would go up and I am doing pretty much all the accounting for the company at the moment on my starting wage. I have been putting off chasing it up since they have been laying a few people off due to low finances but if they are taking someone else on then it's taking the mickey a bit!
  • D5T
    D5T Posts: 22 Forumite
    "What WILL I spend the money on when debt free?" instead of what COULD you be spening it on.
    Think how nice it WILL be not to live with it hanging over you. Lush times ahead!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure