We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Very nervous FTB about to complete
MrandMrsWoo
Posts: 32 Forumite
Well we're here, we exchanged in July and have now been given notice to complete on our new build house. We are all set and due to complete on 22nd October and the solicitor has requested the mortgage, all good... right?
Why the hell am I so scared? I have read horror stories about mortgages been pulled from under people at this stage and I just can't get that thought out of my head. What happens with the mortgage now, what do Santander do and could the whole thing crumble around us?
MrandMrsWoo - desperately hoping this thread does not turn into a warning for others
Why the hell am I so scared? I have read horror stories about mortgages been pulled from under people at this stage and I just can't get that thought out of my head. What happens with the mortgage now, what do Santander do and could the whole thing crumble around us?
MrandMrsWoo - desperately hoping this thread does not turn into a warning for others
0
Comments
-
Solicitor has requested funds. Have you asked them if funds are being sent?
Make sure your solicitor has done everything and that you have provided all you have been asked for. Have you got buildings insurance in place?
Ultimately Santander can do what they like if they choose to. They can withdraw an offer, delay completion, or any number of things. Unlikely to happen though.
What Santander do is make money by lending to people. They have agreed to do this for you and you have agreed to borrow and repay with interest.
Do not worry about it. Look forward to you new home.
These forums are full of horror stories because that is when people usually need help. If somebody posted 'My Santander mortgage completed today' what would be the response? If that happened several hundred times a day you would get bored of reading it.
As long as all legals have been done and are satisfactory then there should be no issue.I am a Mortgage AdviserYou should note that this site doesn't check my status as a mortgage adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.0 -
So far so good. Unlikely anything will go pear shaped at this stage. Enjoy your new home !!0
-
I feel so much better for your post thank you very much!
The funds were only requested about an hour ago so I'm not going to push that yet. Nothing has changed in our circumstances or anything like that it's just an incredibly nervous time.
I understand what you mean my the posts of positive and you're right although never really looked at in that way people do seem to come here for desperate needs of help so putting all that into perspective I feel great now!
Just for you I will post my successful story, but what if... :eek:
0 -
So did everything go smoothly on 22 October?0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards
