We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Timber Framed Properties. ..Does Yorkshire BS Lend
LULULU1
Posts: 462
Forumite
Hi all
We have looked at a timber framed property, rendered on the outside.
Just wondered if anybody knew if the Yorkshire Building Society lent on such properties.
One other issue is that the walls are only 140mm thick and I beleive some companies only loan if the walls are over 150 mm thick.
We are looking for approx 75% ltv if that makes any difference.
Any help greatly apprechiated.
Lu
We have looked at a timber framed property, rendered on the outside.
Just wondered if anybody knew if the Yorkshire Building Society lent on such properties.
One other issue is that the walls are only 140mm thick and I beleive some companies only loan if the walls are over 150 mm thick.
We are looking for approx 75% ltv if that makes any difference.
Any help greatly apprechiated.
Lu
0
Comments
-
Ring them and ask? 0845 1 200 1000
-
Hi Andy,
Did that.
Very wolly reply saying that they did but it would be referred to their undewrighters.
She didn`t sound at all convincing so I thought I`d ask.
Thanks for your help.
Lu0 -
Does the construction type have a name?I am a Mortgage AdviserYou should note that this site doesn't check my status as a mortgage adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.0
-
Its no special construction other than timber framed.0
-
Hi - I have a YBS offset mortgage. My house is Timber-framed with a brick skin. No problem with mortgage offer. Condition was a factor though and valuation / survey needed to be right. Check to see whether a timber and damp survey was required. We had one done.
But - it was 5 years ago that I set it up. Lenders attitudes have changed a bit over that timeframe.0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards