We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Have Gone £1500 Over My Overdraft With Guaranteed Cheques What Will The Bank Do?

Options
13»

Comments

• the_taws_family_of_7
    Options
    It was really hard but pleased.It felt like such a weight off my shoulders when we did it,i think that i was just so relieved that we werent arrested after some of the comments the other day.The bank even said that normally they dont get people doing that they usually have to send someone to the house(£125 charge i think it was)I do miss the cheque book though i cant think of the last time ive used cash everything was paid via cheque.Only ever kept enough money in house for kids busfares .Now ill have to plan in advance what we'll need money wise so i have enough on me.Ill be the one walking around asda with the calculator.
    DEBT £45,OOO AT 9/10/06:mad: HERES TO A FRESH START!
  • cattie1
    cattie1 Posts: 2,063 Forumite
    Options
    .Ill be the one walking around asda with the calculator.

that's usually me! lol:rotfl: :o
    do it on your mobile people think you are just texting!;) :D
    official dfw nerd club member no 214
    Proud to be dealing with my debts!;)
    Why is a person that handles your money called a broker?!:confused:
  • the_taws_family_of_7
    Options
    cattie1 wrote:
    this might not be the best place to put this but have you considered being a teaching assistant? you could possiblt train now so that when all the kids where in school you could be there with them, and finished work when they get home.
    I already have a btec in nursery nursing so could do a refresher to get into a school .I have been looking at schools not many where we live but plenty within a short bus journey just nothing going at the moment.I am signed on with agencies just thought shop work may be more convenient with the children.
  • cattie1
    cattie1 Posts: 2,063 Forumite
    Options
    I know rog2 mentioned kerry foods and he was trying to help but PLEASE do not go there! they are rubbish and it's too far way from you, would cost you more in taxi's than what you get paid as no buses run during most shift times.
    they only go through agencies now and I went through 1 (addecco) and didn't get paid AT ALL at xmas cos they messed it up and I had to fight to get it, got it eventually in MARCH! so PLEASE don't try there!
    official dfw nerd club member no 214
    Proud to be dealing with my debts!;)
    Why is a person that handles your money called a broker?!:confused:
  • wolvesfc123
    Options
    hiya i went over my overdraft by around £1100 and i rung them, was able to sort out payment plan. DO NOT WORRY, U WILL B FINE!:rotfl:
  • the_taws_family_of_7
    Options
    hiya i went over my overdraft by around £1100 and i rung them, was able to sort out payment plan. DO NOT WORRY, U WILL B FINE!:rotfl:
    I realise now after going into the branch and handing back the cheque book and cards that you always think things are worse than they are we are feeling alot more hopeful.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport