We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
How long will it take to get a decision?
Charliezoo
Posts: 1,732 Forumite
Hi all,
My partner and I got an AIP with Abbey last month and had an offer accepted on a house a few days later. We provided the proof of income requested by the lender and the broker asked us for the details of the EA so the valuation survey could be booked asap. Everything went quiet and then a couple if weeks later the broker said that our application had been flagged up and they asked for more paperwork signed by my partner's accountant. This was a bit of a pain as it meant visiting the accountant in person but it was sent off in a couple of days. All went quiet again and the EA called today asking what the hold up was. My partner called the broker for an update and he said that the delay in submitting account information had meant that the application had expired and he'd had to submit a whole new application on Friday.
It's all getting a but tedious now and both ourselves and the vendor are starting to worry.
Now the application has been resubmitted, how long should we reasonably need to wait to find out the outcome?
My partner and I got an AIP with Abbey last month and had an offer accepted on a house a few days later. We provided the proof of income requested by the lender and the broker asked us for the details of the EA so the valuation survey could be booked asap. Everything went quiet and then a couple if weeks later the broker said that our application had been flagged up and they asked for more paperwork signed by my partner's accountant. This was a bit of a pain as it meant visiting the accountant in person but it was sent off in a couple of days. All went quiet again and the EA called today asking what the hold up was. My partner called the broker for an update and he said that the delay in submitting account information had meant that the application had expired and he'd had to submit a whole new application on Friday.
It's all getting a but tedious now and both ourselves and the vendor are starting to worry.
Now the application has been resubmitted, how long should we reasonably need to wait to find out the outcome?
0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards