Repossession Legal Wording

Options
JUst a quick update. All ready BR, my repo court date was wednesday (6/10).

I've been on line today and the case confirms the following

Order of Possession
*It is ordered that the defendant give the claimant possession on or before 3rd November'10
*Money Claim Adjourned generally

Enforceable Order Raised

I assume these are both normal, just wanted to double check.

Thanks guys/gals.

Falze.
I'm no expert, but i'll give you my opinion, my support and my experience. Its all i have.

Delcared BR 28th May'10 - Married 30th April'11 - Auto Discharged 28th May'11 - Life Changing

Comments

• ani_26
    ani_26 Posts: 3,700 Forumite
    edited 8 October 2010 at 11:53PM
    Options
    Its not the same as mine, mine does'nt have Enforceable Order Raised, Falze

Date is almost the same though.

I'm really sorry to hear that xx

Nohope xx
    Debt free - Is it a state of mind? a state of the Universe? or a state of the bank account?
    free from life wannabe

Official Petrol Dieter
  • ani_26
    ani_26 Posts: 3,700 Forumite
    edited 8 October 2010 at 10:10PM
    Options
    Hi again Falze

I just saw your post on the other thread and thought i'd post the info i got yesterday, for you.

quote :- Where a bankrupt's property has been repossessed by the lender and a shortfall remains, certain lenders request the bankrupt to sign an ACKNOWLEDGEMENT OF DEBT which they claim starts a new debt. The lender may claim that this new debt falls outside the bankruptcy procedure and therefore will not be written off on discharge. There is some legal uncertainty about this procedure. A debtor IS NOT OBLIGED to sign the document. - unquote

Basically the lender will try to get you to sign an acknowledgement of debt, wherein lies a very grey area, but,you've more than likely gone right back to stage one, and started a new debt, outside of bankruptcy, which you are liable for. Right back to square one, minus house. You are not obliged to sign aod.

I'm no legal boffin, but i do understand the importance of this.Theres no way i'm signing an acknowledgement of debt, or any other form, for that matter. You've got to look after yourself now, Falze. Don't sign anything. Theres no way i've gone through all this for nothing, and all along, they've stated the importance of this,( or not doing this).

Nohope xx
    Debt free - Is it a state of mind? a state of the Universe? or a state of the bank account?
    free from life wannabe

Official Petrol Dieter
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family