and yet another question

Options
hey everyone ..hope your all well and getting that debt down:j ....i finally got my money in from the endowment lot and have paid off my remaining overdraft (then closed the account ) and paid off the money borrowed from family etc:D ..so we are in a better position however...another wee quick question as you know i aint the brightest so i need all the help i can get:p ....i have decided to go for the bank charges (hoping that this will pay off my last store card) now i am with the nationwide so i took a copy of the letter from the cag (thanks ss for your great help) and went in to the bank today with my £10 ..i was informed by the bank staff that nationwide do not pay out unless they are at fault:rolleyes: ... if i bounced a direct debit or went over the over draft then i have no chance of getting any money ..does anyone know if this is the case? also who do i make the cheaque payable to ? the girl on the counter didn't have a clue ...who do i send the letter to? again the girl didn't have a clue (and neither do i to be honest) thanks for the help ..keep smiling

Comments

• rchrisp
    rchrisp Posts: 191 Forumite
    Options
    go to the Nationwide forum on the CAG, they'll be loads of detailed advice there. but yes, you will be able to claim back for those charges.
    Payment a day challenge:

Capital One Credit Card - £7.55/£1306.56

• elantan
    elantan Posts: 21,018 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    thanks i didn't know they had a nationwide forum
  • CLAPTON
    CLAPTON Posts: 41,865 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    take elantan advice and visit the nationwide board on the CAG
    but the address is

Data Protection Team,
    Nationwide Building Society
    Kings Park road,
    Moulton Park
    Northampton NN3 6NW

Tel 01604 855060
    Fax 01604 854933
  • elantan
    Options
    thanks clapton ..read a wee bit there and have to admit i'm having second thoughts ..i'm only owed about £300 which is alot i know ..but not thousands ..and reading what i have so far it seems they close your account ..don't know if i want to go that far as they are an ok bank/building society and wouldn't know who to go with instead..i'ts not all cut and dried is it? but then what is ..thanks
  • rchrisp
    Options
    try smile or the co-op for a parachute account. you can get a basic bank account from the co-op with a bad credit rating.
    Payment a day challenge:

• elantan
    Options
    will look them up i need to have two accounts though as i'm that bad with money i get paid in one account transfer the money straight over to the other (that one pays the bills) in the vain attempt to not go overdrawn ..as i'm sure you can guess not always too good at that stage
  • rchrisp
    Options
    well with the co-op's basic you wont go overdrawn because you don't get an overdraft, and you can ask smile not to put one on, also.
    Payment a day challenge:

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family