Halifax URGENT HELP PLEASE

Options
I am with CCCS and they are dealing with all of our affairs....

We receive a phone call from the Halifax EVERY day stating that we are not keeping to our agreement with them...

Today we have received a phone call from 'SOMEBODY' saying they are not the Halifax but it is about the Halifax on a withheld number asking us to declare security details. We declined as we dont know who they are, they didnt even give us a company name and they said 'thats fine, that will be £50-00 on your account unless you ring us back' THEN SHE HUNG UP!!! What number we sposed to ring??

Who are they???
Head in the sand doesnt work......What doesnt kill you makes you stronger !!:T

Comments

• cattie1
    cattie1 Posts: 2,063 Forumite
    Options
    I think you were right not to give any details, these call centres can be so rude!
    official dfw nerd club member no 214
    Proud to be dealing with my debts!;)
    Why is a person that handles your money called a broker?!:confused:
  • rog2
    rog2 Posts: 11,650 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    You should inform CCCS, as it looks as though one creditor is harassing you in an attempt to obtain preferential treatment. Should they, or anyone on their behalf, continue to call you, tell them that your accounts are being dealt with, by CCCS, and that if they continue to phone, you will report them for 'harrassment' - see OFT website for guidelines.
    I am NOT, nor do I profess to be, a Qualified Debt Adviser. I have made MANY mistakes and have OFTEN been the unwitting victim of the the shamefull tactics of the Financial Industry.
    If any of my experiences, or the knowledge that I have gained from those experiences, can help anyone who finds themselves in similar circumstances, then my experiences have not been in vain.

HMRC Bankruptcy Statistic - 26th October 2006 - 23rd April 2007 BCSC Member No. 7

DFW Nerd # 166 PROUD TO BE DEALING WITH MY DEBTS
  • Welshlassie
    Welshlassie Posts: 1,731 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I wouldn't worry about it, if they wouldn't tell you who they were you were right not to give any security details. You should only be giving the security details to the Halifax.

If you have a plan in place with the Halifax, are you sticking to it, if so tell them this when they call and ask them to put what they want to say in writing to you. If they keep at it put the phone down.
  • GottaGetSortedOut
    Options
    Thats what we did, we said that we were dealing with the Halifax through the CCCS and we are sticking to the agreement and they said they were going to put a £50-00 charge on to confirm in writing what we had just told them and that we had to ring them back but the girl put the phone down !!

• Dr.Shoe_2
    Dr.Shoe_2 Posts: 1,028 Forumite
    Options
    I had a mysterious phone call claiming to be from one of my credit card companies. I gave fake security details which they seemed to find was ok and then asked me to verified that the card was still in my possession by reading the last three security numbers, I gave them false numbers and never heard from them again.

BTW, if they've put £50 on as a penalty, you can report them to the FSO and also claim it back. I laugh every time my bank and CC companies apply charges.
    [strike]-£20,000[/strike] 0!
  • GottaGetSortedOut
    Options
    Thanks to all who replied.
    Whats the FSO??

I have spoken to CCCS who told me next time they rang to ignore them, but to find out who they were, well I phoned the bank and asked them who the debt had been sold to ...

And it is a company that is called Albion who are not a very nice company.

The CCCS advised me to tell them that they had
    a. been told of my circumstances
    b. the circumstances had not changed
    c. that cccs would be contacting them
    d. to stop harrassing me with telephone calls
    and
    e. if the phone calls didnt stop then I would be reporting them to the Trading Standards for harassmment

so I hponed them and told them all this and she STILL tried to get more money out of us. I stuck to my guns.. told her I was not prepared to negotiate without advise from my debt counsellor and told her the conversation was over and I was going to hang up and she said Goodbye (gulp)

• savvykaz
    savvykaz Posts: 890 Forumite
    Options
    Financial Services Ombudsman
    DMP starts June 2012, £38,180.

Balance June 2015 £26,046 (paid off 32%)

DMP mutual support thread no 434
  • fatbelly
    fatbelly Posts: 20,558 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Cashback Cashier
    Options
    I don't accept any calls from withheld numbers - I use anonymous call barring. There is a small fee but it's worth it to filter out all the scum calls.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure