Recommend reputable claims lawyers?

Options
If anyone has had previous experience with hiring an accident claims lawyer I would be really interested to hear about it. One of my colleagues had a serious work accident yesterday which could have happened to any of us. We have an office which is up about 4 steps and the door leading in to the office has never quite shut properly. We have always had to give the door an extra little pull just to make sure it didn't spring open again.

Yesterday my colleague closed the door as we usually do when all of a sudden the door handle broke off of the door. With the momentum of pulling the door shut she lost her footing and ended up falling down the stairs and hit her head on the photocopier which was at the bottom of the stairs. She ended up going to hospital and getting treated for a twisted ankle, stitches in 3 places on her ear and also on a gash on her hip as well as for bumping her head.

The rest of us think that she should be compensated for her trauma and injuries. Can anyone recommend some reputable claims lawyers? I know there a lot dodgy ambulance chasers out there, and I want to make sure that if she does go this route, that my colleague gets the best representation possible.

Thanks for your help.

Comments

• Hammyman
    Hammyman Posts: 9,913 Forumite
    Options
    Was the problem with the door ever reported to management? If so and no action was taken, it can go a long way to making a case.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure