Are you excited or nervous about walking down the aisle?

I mean the actual aisle part.:o

H2B and I are getting married on 9th October and the prospect of the actual walking down the aisle is nervewracking to me. I hate being the centre of attention and I hate all eyes being on me.:o Does anyone else feel like this?:o
2019 Wins
1/25

£2019 in 2019
£10/£2019

Comments

• I mean the actual aisle part.:o

H2B and I are getting married on 9th October and the prospect of the actual walking down the aisle is nervewracking to me. I hate being the centre of attention and I hate all eyes being on me.:o Does anyone else feel like this?:o

Yep both Me & my partner!....I can't wait to be married & love the fairytale wedding, but I really don't like being the centre of attention either.
    I'm more terrified of the vows, than the walking down the aisle though.

This was part of the reason that I wanted to go abroad, just me & h2b, but that caused too much upset & we have now been persuaded to have it here.

My partner is already worrying about speeches & the first dance & we haven't even set a date yet :rotfl:
  • MissPixie
    MissPixie Posts: 2,380 Forumite
    I am terrified too! I am scared I will turn bright red and fall over!
    Getting married Wednesday 24th August 2011!
    :D
    2010 wins:
    approx £2198
    2011 wins value so far: approx £650
  • frannyann
    frannyann Posts: 10,970 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Cacking myself! Hate being looked at, so we've gone for the shortest possible ceremony lol
    :rotfl:Ahahah got my signature removed for claiming MSE thought it was too boring :rotfl:
  • nunnygirl
    nunnygirl Posts: 2,206 Forumite
    I'm actually really looking forward to it. I'm going to blank everyone else out and just concentrate on OH at the table at the end of the "aisle" as it's not a very long walk
    Sealed Pot Challenge Member 1216 -
    2011 Total - £526.62

2012 Total - £503.87
  • Noctu
    Noctu Posts: 1,553 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I'm excited! To see all our friends and family gathered together happy and smiling, and being so proud to be walking down (up?) the aisle towards my future DH!

The only thing I'm concerned about is bawling before I even get to the end lol.
  • my wedding is the week after yours, and i am really nervous about the whole ceremony! really excited though! like franny, we've kept the ceremony as short as possible - my vows are one line long, and we've opted for the shortest essential parts from the registrars!

i will be crying probably before i even enter the room, that's what worries me - and i get this ridiculous quaver in my voice when i'm fighting back tears which is going to make me sound like an idiot!

i think though that on the day, it'll be all about being up there with your new husband and it'll be amazing so you won't even care!! at least that#s what i'm telling myself!! xx
  • A bit of both, and I think my oh is the same. I'm worried I'm either going to cry or do the stupid laugh that I do when I'm nervous. Think I will need a drink before I go to take the egde of it!
  • getting married on saturday, and yes, am petrified, and i wouldnt say i was a particularly nervous person, and were not having a massive wedding, but i just think its quite scary walking and talking in front of all your family and friends, i just dont want to mess it up.
    getting married: 02/10/10
    weight loss goal: 2st
    lost so far: 11lb
    (and the dress fits!)
  • MissPixie wrote: »
    I am terrified too! I am scared I will turn bright red and fall over!

Me too! :eek:
    :heart: A Mother Is Someone Who Lets Her Heart Run Around Beyond Her Body..... :iloveyou:
    :heart: Mummy Of Two & Bride Too Be August 2011. :heart:
  • Oh god, I hadn't even thought about falling over?! :eek:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family