Get Full Internet Security Suites (like McAfee or Kapersky 2011) for FREE via

Options
If you bank with Barclays they offer 1 of the best security suite's on the market, a 3 user licence for 1 year (is renewed each year when the latest version is available)

http://www.barclays.co.uk/Helpsupport/FreeInternetsecuritysoftware/P1242557966961 - gives you all the info you need but you must be an online barclays bank customer. This will provide you with a 3 user licence of Kapersky Internet Security Suite 2011 for 12mths for FREE and/or Kapersky Mobile Security 1 user licence or if you own a MAC (are there any out there?) then they can have the Kapersky Anti-virus s/ware - but i thought the Mac had no viruses?

http://www.hsbc.co.uk/1/2/online-security/security-software;jsessionid=0000V6_wInAFOq9dbiLaPcWJ6vQ:14f64qtba HSBC offer both business & personal account users McAfee Security Suite for 12mths for FREE

No longer posting on freebies or comps

Comments

• jayme1
    jayme1 Posts: 2,154 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    but i thought the Mac had no viruses?

yes that is true but every bank I know wil not cover your losses if you have been negligent (like if you keep your PIN with your card) (and not using antivirus is one of them) so if they are offering you a free antivirus you may need to use it to be covered.
  • Mista_C
    Mista_C Posts: 2,202 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I wouldn't touch McAffee with a barge pole. In the years I've been in the I.T. business I've seen it cause more problems than it solves. Kaspersky AV on the other hand has always proven itself to be a reliable product. I've been thinking of changing banks (one of the reasons I came to this site) for a while and that might be a nice little bonus if I go with Barclays.
    but i thought the Mac had no viruses?

That's a bit of a myth, usually put around by those Mac owners who like to be a bit smug (yes, I know you're not all like that, I'm a Mac owner myself). While Mac OS has nowhere near the number of viruses as Windows there are some out there in the wild, mostly Mac Classic, but a couple have surfaced for Mac OS X too. Better to have some security than be that one in a million to find out the hard way.
  • avvie
    avvie Posts: 6,520 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Thanks downloading this now :)
    October2022 Wins -2 ~Tshirt x2 2022 Wins ~ 5 *TShirtx3*7UP*ChupaChupsBundle
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income