We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Divorce & Pensions
Felix123
Posts: 43 Forumite
Currently divorcing after 22 years marriage. There are no assets (don't ask!!!) - however I have a CETV of £91K and my "soon-to-be-ex" has a CETV of £52K. Looks like I will have to compensate him for this inequality in pension provision. Does anyone know how this will work and how much extra I will have to start paying into a pension scheme to catch back up again. I am 44 years old. Also does anyone know why there would be such a difference in the figures as he is 4 years older than me. I have always been in a company scheme whilst he was in a private scheme until the last 10 years when he has been in a company scheme. Many thanks.
0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards