We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Mortgage Direct Debits
williamc10
Posts: 26 Forumite
I informed the bank I have my mortgage with that I would like my monthly mortgage payment to come out from a different bank account and they confirmed they would do this. However for 2 months the mortgage continued to come out of the same account. When I pointed this out they apologised and offered to pay any bank charges/overdraft interest. However I thought under the direct debit scheme they had to refund all money taken in error whether the customer was out of pocket or not. Is this correct?
0
Comments
-
You can insist that they refund all money by asking your bank to arrange this (not your mortgage lender).
But then you would be two months in arrears with your mortgage and it will trash your credit file.
Much more sensible to move money between your different direct debit accounts.0 -
the Bank didn't take the money in error, they took it from the wrong account, but you still owed the money, they are paying all charges so everything seems ok?0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards