We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Re-mortgage & CCJ - Please help
Mega_drained
Posts: 4 Newbie
Hi
I own my house (approx 90k) outright - I have recently had a CCJ against me for £5k, which I am hoping to pay off next week.
I have approached high street lenders and no of them will touch me - I need approx £20k to clear my debts - which with £90k equity isnt alot.
Is there anyone that would give me a mortgage? Ive heard of the Whole of market mortgage brokers but dont know anything about them.
Is there any hope?
Thanks
I own my house (approx 90k) outright - I have recently had a CCJ against me for £5k, which I am hoping to pay off next week.
I have approached high street lenders and no of them will touch me - I need approx £20k to clear my debts - which with £90k equity isnt alot.
Is there anyone that would give me a mortgage? Ive heard of the Whole of market mortgage brokers but dont know anything about them.
Is there any hope?
Thanks
0
Comments
-
Get the ccj paid off, then wait a few months to prove you can be consistently better at handling your finances.Hi, we've noticed that you don't have a signature to remove. If you're not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you are feeling left out.0
-
When was the CCJ put in place?I am a Mortgage AdviserYou should note that this site doesn't check my status as a mortgage adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.0
-
Only about a week ago0
-
If you repay the CCJ within 30 days of it being put in place it will be erased from the record and never show on credit searches. If you repay after the 30 days it will show as satisfied.
Cannot stress how much difference there is between the 2. If you can repay within the 30 days do so. Subject to all other criteria you should be able to remortgage.
Go to see a 'Whole of Market' broker. Apply for a copy of your credit search from Experian and/or Equifax. Statutory reports cost £2 each, google them and go to websites.
Take searches to broker and see what can be done.I am a Mortgage AdviserYou should note that this site doesn't check my status as a mortgage adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.0 -
Thanks, maybe thats a glimmer of hope - fingers crossed0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards