We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
First time buyer - large deposit
greenkinetic
Posts: 1 Newbie
Hi,
I'm a (potential) first time buyer, in the fortunate position of having a sizeable deposit available (from some inheirtance). I'm looking to buy somewhere in the price range of £150-200k. To do so I'd have a deposit of around £100k available, i.e. 50%+. However I still obviously want to get the best deal possible. I'd probably prefer a fixed rate for the certainty. I have an income of around £40k.
does anyone have any advice on the best places to look for this sort of mortgage, given that I have a somewhat different situation to many first time buyers.
Thanks a lot in advance!
I'm a (potential) first time buyer, in the fortunate position of having a sizeable deposit available (from some inheirtance). I'm looking to buy somewhere in the price range of £150-200k. To do so I'd have a deposit of around £100k available, i.e. 50%+. However I still obviously want to get the best deal possible. I'd probably prefer a fixed rate for the certainty. I have an income of around £40k.
does anyone have any advice on the best places to look for this sort of mortgage, given that I have a somewhat different situation to many first time buyers.
Thanks a lot in advance!
0
Comments
-
We have recently taken out a remortgage with HSBC for a 5 year fixed rate @3.95% which was the cheapest we could find and the fees were £599. We have a ltv rate of 30% and I think the rate extended to those with ltv of up to 60%. It was under their 'specials' when we went in to the HSBC.0
-
hi i'm with northern rock and it's a flexible mortgage,,look in to getting a flexilble morgage where you can overpay as much as you can on. (it will save you thousands of pounds over the term of your mortgage) hope this helps you,,
and if you haven't thought about overpaying your mortgage just google it and there will be loads of informations why it's a good idea too,,good luck,,£176,000 January 20140
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards