We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
2nd home mortgage
horngkai
Posts: 572 Forumite
I was just wondering if anyone could shed some light. Lets say if I am planning to get a 2nd house, how would I go about applying for mortgage then? How will my first mortgage affect the 2nd home mortgage? Assuming I want to rent my current house out to move into a new home, what kind of mortgage would I actually be looking at?
Hope someone could answer those questions for me. Thanks in advance.
Hope someone could answer those questions for me. Thanks in advance.
0
Comments
-
Depends on who who your lender is as to what mortgage options would be available on the first property. Consent to let or a buy to let mortgage could\will incur a higher rate of interest than a standard residential mortgage. So you need to work out whether letting your property is viable. Letting property is a business not an an investment. So you need to crunch the numbers to see if the risk is worth taking.0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards