We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Partners contribution as income?
petebates26
Posts: 142 Forumite
Hi there,
I have a mortgage on my property, which has always been in my name. My partner lives with me and we split everything 50/50.
I have been thinking about remortgaging, but due to adverse credit in the last few years, I don't think adding my partner to the mortgage would be an option.
If I apply as a sole applicant, can I state my parteners contribution as income on the application, or would that be a write off?
Thanks
Pete
I have a mortgage on my property, which has always been in my name. My partner lives with me and we split everything 50/50.
I have been thinking about remortgaging, but due to adverse credit in the last few years, I don't think adding my partner to the mortgage would be an option.
If I apply as a sole applicant, can I state my parteners contribution as income on the application, or would that be a write off?
Thanks
Pete
0
Comments
-
not able to do it.
have to be in your name with your income or both names with both incomes.I am a Mortgage Adviser
You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.0 -
Thanks Crinz - I thought as much!
I'll have a look at her credit report and see just how bad it is - then make a decision!
thanks again!0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards