MSE News - Nationwide: house prices down for second successive month

This is the discussion thread for the following MSE News Story:

"The 0.9% August drop signals the first time prices have dipped for consecutive months since February 2009 ..."

Replies

• Hang on...

You have to wait for Halifax to announce a house price rise!
  • The actual fall was 1.7% unadjusted. Thats nearly 2% drop in one month. :eek:

Great news for all buyers. However house prices are still well overvalued and have a lot further to come down.

Keep saving those deposits and enjoy the big monthly falls from now on.
    :exclamatiScams - Shared Equity, Shared Ownership, Newbuy, Firstbuy and Help to Buy.

Save our Savers
  • dunstonhdunstonh Forumite
    109.3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder if we will get a repeat of the 90s?

it will be : MSE News - Nationwide: house prices down for 48th successive month
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • neasneas Forumite
    3.8K Posts
    this fall is welcome for people looking to buy still :)
  • Breaking News:

Daily Express reports that house prices are set to soar.
    109.3K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Trollfever wrote: »
    Breaking News:

Daily Express reports that house prices are set to soar.

Was there a picture of Diana to go with it? ;)
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • brit1234brit1234 Forumite
    5.4K Posts
    dunstonh wrote: »
    I wonder if we will get a repeat of the 90s?

it will be : MSE News - Nationwide: house prices down for 48th successive month

48 months of falls sounds good to me. :D

I think the vast majority of people will be better off with prices falls from first time buyers to those who find it cheaper to upgrade.

Those who lose out will be the property speculators but they should of incorporated a risk management strategy rather than believing prices only went up.
    :exclamatiScams - Shared Equity, Shared Ownership, Newbuy, Firstbuy and Help to Buy.

Save our Savers
  • Woo, 2 months of falls down, 46 to go! Awesome!
    You're spelling is effecting me so much. Im trying not to be phased by it but your all making me loose my mind on mass!! My head is loosing it's hair. I'm going to take myself off the electoral role like I should of done ages ago and move to the Caribean. I already brought my plane ticket, all be it a refundable 1.
  • SimbaSimonSimbaSimon Forumite
    810 Posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    Gosh you lot are a bit premature aren't you? 2 months of slight falls and you think your going to get another 46 months of it? Not a chance. I'd be willing to put money on that.
    109.3K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Gosh you lot are a bit premature aren't you? 2 months of slight falls and you think your going to get another 46 months of it? Not a chance.

Wasnt that the view in the US?
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides