We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

remortgage advice

I need to raise 10,000 towards an extension on my property, I have been in touch with my current lender who I have used for the 6 yrs I have had the mortgage but they will only offer me a loan, I was just seeking advice on any other company I could use that maybe able to help?
I do have around £70,000 equity in the property but I also have a ccj from around 5 yrs ago from a debt I had a very long time ago, this is the only debt I do have .
any good advice would be appreciated.:)

Comments

  • herbiesjp
    herbiesjp Posts: 8,499 Forumite
    Other lenders may well look at this for you - assuming there are no penalties to leave your current deal, and you are not leaving a good deal in the process.

    A short term loan may well be more cost effective for you though, on that amount of borrowing.
    I am a Mortgage Adviser
    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
  • herbiesjp wrote: »
    Other lenders may well look at this for you - assuming there are no penalties to leave your current deal, and you are not leaving a good deal in the process.

    A short term loan may well be more cost effective for you though, on that amount of borrowing.

    I don't really have the extra money to lay out each month I need something that i can really afford, and as i have no intention of ever moving I don't mind the extra going on the mortgage,
    Thank you for your advice just need to find the right lender has any1 had any experience with the mortgage point??
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.