fos decission from gmac rfc

Options
MY ONLY CONCERN DID ON OCCASION TO SPO AND THERFORE DOES NOT APPEAR FAIR TO CONTINUALLY APPLY FEES ON A MONTHLY BASIS I BELIVE AN OFFER OF 450 TO REFUND THIS SUITABLY ADDREssSTHIS ISSUE the fos letter

IT APPERS that on the whole mr t continued to pay irregulary throught out 2003 and 2004 and 2005 as missed monthly payments were often corected by two payments being made the following month debt conseller cam to see me because 800 pounds for car repairs
the arreas were not cleared as promised but i continued to make payments on sporadic basis till cleared
it is concluded that arreas had arisen due to financial mismangent and not finacial hardship as a gesture of goodwill 450 was issued to claim company

HAS any one challenged gmac for full fees used a claim company help ?

Comments

• dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,436 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    HAS any one challenged gmac for full fees used a claim company help ?

A claims company wouldnt help. Indeed, evidence points to them generally being less successful than personal complaints. Although in theory there shouldnt be any difference.

Also, if the FOS have made their decision, then its too late to use a claims company (although the letter response indicates you already used one). You either appeal the FOS decision or accept it. Or you take GMAC to court and be prepared for the consequences if you lose.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • gpaul49
    Options
    dunstonh wrote: »
    A claims company wouldnt help. Indeed, evidence points to them generally being less successful than personal complaints. Although in theory there shouldnt be any difference.

Also, if the FOS have made their decision, then its too late to use a claims company (although the letter response indicates you already used one). You either appeal the FOS decision or accept it. Or you take GMAC to court and be prepared for the consequences if you lose.
    i going through the points of the letter no mention of high intrest
    rates that i paid over 9% to 10 percent that the mortgage i was on
    and feed kept being added to it no chance of putting me on a fixed
    again to help out also taken to court were i had to defend myself
    , ie my finances because of high payments

how can you legistrate what may happen to income ? they would not
    help out before court for me

i struggled and struggled because i did not have current bank
    account only a building society pass book that i had to get a cheque
    made out to them no plastic card neither so funds had to a be a
    certain amount

it was all stress paul.