PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Getting beer out of a sofa cushion

Options
I spilt some beer on a sofa cushion (less than a quarter pint). I tried to mop up the spill and then gave it a good wipe with a wet cloth. When dry, it still spelled so I tried to clean it with a cloth again. It still smells of beer :(

The cover's not washable (it says something about shampooing). What would people try next? No visible stain, but a clear smell of beer - don't know if this will fade?

Comments

• zippychick
    zippychick Posts: 9,364 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Hi Bits and pieces

i can't find an identical thread, but getting smoke smell out of non washable item should have plenty of ideas. I imagine bicarb would do the trick? You will definitely find loads of ideas in there

Do let us know what works and I'll merge this later. And next time, don't waste good beer!:beer::rotfl:

Zip
    A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men :cool:
    Norn Iron club member #380

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills